505

505 Infiltration!

Ling Lan's team patiently waited for that battle team to come closer. They seemed to be calm on the outside, but inwardly they were nervous and cautious. Ling Lan had already told her team members about the countless mecha hidden around them. Everyone knew that danger was just around the corner.

Right when that 12-man team of special-class operators drew near, the team leader coldly asked, "Who are you guys?" The smallest team around here was a 12-man battle team. Ling Lan only had six mecha. That was why they felt something was weird.

Ling Lan calmly replied, "We bumped into a battle team that was hidden. We fought a huge battle and although we won, a few of our members paid the price." Ling Lan suffused a good amount of spiritual power in those words to increase her persuasive ability.

It had to be said that it was safer for Ling Lan to combine spiritual power and persuasion compared to using only spiritual power to affect the opponent. This wouldn't get rid of someone's suspicions and make them feel a discrepancy, but instead slowly weaken an individual's suspicions and in the end, make them naturally let go of such thoughts.

There were too many people here. Ling Lan didn't have the certainty that she could affect everyone with her spiritual power. In order to not raise the suspicions of the others nearby, she could only be more careful. Even if she knew that talking more with the other party would increase the chance of being exposed, Ling Lan felt that she couldn't take that risk.

Sure enough, Ling Lan answer made that team leader's suspicions decrease greatly. In reality, he was only wondering why there would be a broken team in the area between Area Q and M. It should be known that the patrolling battle teams around them were all full teams. This was also the reason why he stopped Ling Lan and not because he really suspected they were the enemy.

Hearing Ling Lan's answer, that team leader was surprised. He quickly asked, "Where? Which military academy did you guys bump into?"

Ling Lan responded coldly, "Please forgive me for not being able to inform you of that location before I report it to my commander. In truth, I'm not sure who the opponents were!"

Ling Lan's answer angered the other side, but there were no problems with her words. Usually, when something like this happened, they would naturally make a report to their own commander first, and then let him decide whether or not to tell the allied military academies. His question was indeed over the top.

"Haha, as expected of the Second Men's Military Academy. Very disciplined," the team leader said grudgingly. He felt that he lost some pride. "However, we're all friends here. Some information should be shared, right?"

Ling Lan hesitated slightly, as though she was struggling with the thought. After a while, she replied, "It's not that I don't want to tell everyone. It's just that I really don't know which military academy the opponent was from. At the border of Area S and M, we found a suspicious team who hid their identity. When we went up to ask them about it, they suddenly attacked us. If it wasn't for that, our battle team wouldn't have been lost so many people," Ling Lan responded as she bit her lip.

The team leader looked at the 5 mecha that were following behind Ling Lan. Two special-class mechas had scratch marks on the outer mecha shell. Three advanced mechas also had a few scratches and kinks. His eyes immediately flashed with a hint of disdain. Only a battle team that was this inferior could be successfully sneak attacked by opponents. If it were his battle team, he would not have lost a single mecha and would have been able to let the opponent only come not be able to leave at all…

Having underestimated Ling Lan, he wasn't interested in asking more questions. As for the team that had entered the border, it was probably a battle team from Area S. Battle teams from Area S had already probed Area M many times. Not only had the team in front of him bumped into them, other allied battle teams had also bumped into them. All of them had losses or victories.