537

537 Chameleon System!
Previous
Index
Book
Next
The two of them turned their heads to look at the big screen, on which countless big and tall trees appeared. This was the hardest map in the competition—the forest map.

"The best map to sneak attack and be sneak attacked." The corners of Tang Yu's mouth lifted up to form a smile. "Ling Lan's luck is not bad. He managed to get a map that suits her the most."

The principal immediately asked out of curiosity, "Why is it so?"

"Although Lingtian's special-class operators only advanced not long ago and have much less experience as compared to those in Leiting, Ling Lan always liked to torture them. He would assassinate them despite having the ability to overpower them in a normal fight." Tang Yu recalled the "one versus many" battle that he had previously witnessed and gave a silent laugh.

At the time, everyone had thought that the powerful and mighty Ling Lan, who always meant what he said, would fight them face to face. Hence, they had all gathered together and prepared to attack her together too. Unexpectedly, though, Ling Lan went into hiding and assassinated them using all kinds of methods when they were not prepared for it. Ling Lan's strange assassination methods made everyone go crazy… in the end, Ling Lan won easily. The people who fought with Ling Lan came out of their cockpits with pale faces. They didn't manage to regain their senses for the entire day.

Tang Yu also knew that this kind of battle didn't happen only once. The Lingtian Battle Clan was already used to Ling Lan's torture, so if Leiting wanted to ambush and assassinate them on this map, it would be really hard. The members of Lingtian had learned some techniques from Ling Lan and they were able to perform assassinations on their own as well… Tang Yu felt that Leiting would be the ones getting tortured, not Lingtian.

The principal's eyes lit up. "If what you say is true, this map is really advantageous for Lingtian. I anticipate the performance of those punks." Because of Ling Lan, the principal and Tang Yu supported Lingtian. Hence, Leiting was given up unknowingly.

At this moment, in the forest map, the mechas from the two clans appeared in different positions. When they entered the map, they would be transported to a location automatically. The name of the team was labeled in front of the mechas and then a series of numbers followed.

The people in the battle would not know who was in the mecha; only the audience would know. Both sides had to predict the person in the mecha by analyzing their strength and techniques. This tested the student's adaptive ability as well as their knowledge of their opponent.

"This time, the team leader of Lingtian is their captain, Ling Lan, and the team leader of Leiting is their most powerful special-class operator called Tian Jiajun. He is the dux of the fifth-years, but his hand speed has been stuck for a year. He has not found the opportunity to make a breakthrough, so he is not yet capable of advancing to ace operator. However, you cannot deny that he is one of the strongest among the special-class operators." At this moment, an instructor was introducing the teams to the person beside him in the VIP room. He sounded a little sad.

Tang Yu knew who this instructor was; he was called Qiao Yi. He was also an ace instructor and was taking the second-years this year. Tian Jiajun was his student from the last semester and was one of his prided pupils.

The person beside the instructor knew of the relationship between Tian Jiajun and Qiao Yi. He immediately consoled him, "It is just a matter of time. He will advance to ace operator in the future. Also, remaining as a special-class operator will allow him to gain a stronger foundation. Once he becomes an ace operator, he will be able to rise up the ranks quickly. Many people who managed to become imperial operators got stuck at special-class operator status for a long time too."