522

522 Why are you scared?

"Ah… Captain is actually a loyalist." Everyone yelped in surprise. A few of them had come from large families and understood what it meant to be a loyalist—they were individuals born to serve and die for their master. Their entire life would be enveloped in darkness, never to see the light.

"Aren't loyalists only allowed to stay in the family and not be allowed to apply for military academies?" Yi Tiange asked what everyone else was confused about.

"It's because I received permission from Young Master Lan and was allowed to attend military school." Ling Yi cool expression showed a grateful smile, instantly making him seem to have a warmer personality.

"Permission? Could it be that your Young Master Lan asked your family head for you?" Yi Tiange involuntarily frowned. He understood clearly the importance of loyalists for a family; they were the most secretive existence in a family. Normally, families wouldn't even allow loyalists to come into contact with the outside world, fearing that they may have a change of heart. If the family head nonchalantly agreed to their child's requests and didn't care for the family's rules, then that family would become closer to ceasing to exist.

"No, Young Master Lan is the family head of the Ling family." Ling Yi's response surprised everyone. Ling Yi had come up from the scout academy and didn't join in the middle, which meant that Ling Yi was given permission to attend before he was 6 years old. In other words, Ling Lan had to have been the family head at that time, or even earlier than that. This meant that Ling Lan had become the family head when he was six or seven years old? He was probably the youngest family head in history.

It should be known that the family head that families chose nowadays required that they be direct descendants that were 30 years old. If the direct descendants did not meet this requirement, they would choose indirect descendants who were at the right age to temporarily be the family head. When the direct descendants became 30 years old, they would then reselect the real family head. This made sure that the family head wouldn't be controlled and cheated by servants due to young age, creating problems for the family and threatening the legacy of the family.

"He's not a puppet?" Yi Tiange made a worried gesture with his hand.

Ling Yi stared at him angrily and replied, "Of course not. Young Master Lan is the official family head. He was very strong when he was young. No one would dare to go against Young Master Lan's orders."

Hearing this, Yi Tiange looked at Ling Yi with a serious look, patted Ling Yi on the shoulder and said, "Ling Yi, now I can finally safely put my life in your hands. To be able to respect such a young family head and not think of taking power, everyone in your family deserves to be trusted."

"F**k off!" Ling Yi brushed off Yi Tiange's hand. Those of the Ling family were all loyal, morally sound and courageous people. Otherwise, how could they nurture someone like General Ling Xiao?

Ling Yi thought about this fact proudly. However, he knew very well that he couldn't say anything about Ling Xiao. Whenever Ling Qin had contacted him during all these years, he had always reminded him that in order to protect Young Master Lan, he definitely could not allow anyone to know that Young Master Lan was Ling Xiao's son.

Ling Yi looked at the team members beside him with regret but returned to being calm the next second. He was Young Master Lan's loyalist. Even if he betrayed his brothers, he would take this secret to his grave.

"However, loyalists that are exposed are no longer considered loyalist. Can you still return to his side?" Yi Tiange finally asked a cruel question. He didn't believe that Ling Yi didn't know about this fact.