500

500 Mutual Understanding!

Compared to Li Lanfeng's silent crisis, Li Shiyu's crisis was more obvious. Although Li Shiyu had already touched upon the area of special-class operators, he still wasn't a special-class operator in the end. At the same time, he was operating an advanced mecha that was weaker by one level. Not long after pairing off with a special-class operator, Li Shiyu was in a crisis.

Advanced mecha operators and special-class operators—although the difference between them wasn't as large as ace operators and special-class operators, there was still some difference. This difference was magnified in battle. Li Shiyu couldn't dodge once again and the opponent's beam saber hit his mecha's right arm with great force.

A force field instantly appeared and deflected the beam saber. Li Shiyu wiped away the cold sweat he had shed just now. He was rejoiced that he had asked Chang Xinyuan for some contraband before coming into the battlefield, especially the force field that was from the original team. It was also because the two of them had a very good relationship that Chang Xinyuan installed another one for him. On Li Shiyu's mecha, both the left and right arms had one installed. It was the extra force field that saved him this time.

However, with Li Shiyu tricks on used up, his situations was becoming more and more dangerous.

Li Shiyu once again exhaustedly blocked three attacks from the opponent. The nervousness and using up all of his strength made his fingers shake uncontrollably. He felt the numbness and soreness coming from his fingers. Li Shiyu knew well that this was the result of overusing his fingers. He didn't know how long he would be able to endure. It was possible that he would lose the ability to operate the mecha in the next second.

"I see. This is the capability of a special-class operator. Even though I'm close to advancing, the difference between me and my opponent is still huge. I probably can't even block 50 hits. I'm not sure how many hits I've blocked up until now. Was it 30?"

Li Shiyu's mind was now in chaos. The shadow of defeat made Li Shiyu anxious. In reality, Li Shiyu hadn't hoped to win against the opponent, but he had thought that he would be able to endure for certain amount of time. He didn't think that he had miscalculated the strength of special-class operators… this miscalculation would not only have be faced with the crisis of failure, but at the same time it would bring catastrophe to the others in the team.

Reality was very harsh. The captain went against three special-class operators, two of whom were captain-level mecha experts. Zhao Jun intercepting two top level special-class operators was already his limit. Li Lanfeng was also dragging his weak body and fighting the death against his two opponents. The others in the team were all using all their strength to fight with their opponents… If another enemy appeared, they would definitely break the team and destroy their last hope.

"I will take my teammates into the future and create countless moments of success and glory. I will not allow failure to appear. Senior Li, do you know what it means to fail in the battlefield? It means death! That is a result that we cannot accept!"

Li Shiyu suddenly remembered a time when Ling Lan was beating on the team members and almost took half their life spans. He had gone to find Ling Lan to find out why after he was given first aid and this was what Ling Lan had told him:

"If I'm harsh to them now, they'll live longer in the future!" Ling Lan's expression at the time was deeply serious. Even if she was blamed by them, she would not back down. Li Shiyu still remembers how they had parted on bad terms afterwards!

Li Shiyu always thought Ling Lan was too ruthless, training the team members as if they were enemies, his methods so brutal to the point of being unbearable to write them all down. Li Shiyu was against this, defied it even. This was also why he was the one who drank Ling Lan's poisonous tea the least.