538

538 Selfishness?
Previous
Index
Book
Next
Although Qiao Yi felt that Lingtian being in possession of the chameleon system would increase the difficulty for Leiting, he still believed that they had higher odds of winning. The reason he was mistaken, however, was that Ling Lan had kept herself too well hidden; from his impression of her, no matter how strong Ling Lan was, she couldn't be stronger than his own pupil, Tian Jiajun.

"It's okay. Not every one of Lingtian's members has the chameleon system. I saw that there were still three mechas going through the forest that haven't camouflaged yet." The instructors that were watching the battle finally managed to breathe a sigh of relief. After so many years, the number of cadets that these instructors had once nurtured were countless. There were finally some pupils that they were proud of. However, it was only these pupils who were able to get their hands on the chameleon system before graduation.

In the past, they could explain why the mission was perverted in nature. If the chameleon system became like corn in a field, like a piece of standard equipment for Lingtian, the instructors would definitely feel terrible about it. They might all become furious to the point of spitting blood.

"Oh yeah, did you guys see which one of the mechas belongs to Lingtian's commander, Ling Lan?" asked an instructor who was very interested in Ling Lan. He had originally thought the mecha operated by the commander would be different from the others. He remembered that one year ago, Ling Lan had operated a modified special-class mecha that was different from standard special-class mechas. This time, however, Lingtian's 12 mechas were roughly the same in appearance; he couldn't figure out who was who.

"Not sure."

"I can't make it out which mecha it is." The others around him also didn't know the answer and shook their heads at his question.

"Look at the serial numbers. Number one should be the commander's mecha," one person reminded everyone.

"I found it. Coordinates: (xx, xx). The mecha that is currently moving is Lingtian No. 1." One person had already found the mecha that had Lingtian No. 1 shown on its serial number.

Everyone's focus was on Lingtian No. 1. They saw the mecha fly quickly and move forward with finesse. Its movements were smooth and graceful. Many of the spectators praised the operator piloting Lingtian No. 1. "As expected of a mecha clan commander. This kind of piloting has already reached the level of a fully experienced pilot."

Seeing this, the principal asked, "Tang Yu, No. 1 is Ling Lan, isn't it?"

Tang Yu closely observed the movements of Lingtian No. 1, but three seconds later he shook his head and replied, "That's probably not Ling Lan."

The principal asked in surprise, "How can you tell that No.1 isn't Ling Lan?"

Tang Yu smiled slightly. "The movements of the mecha are too elegant."

"Doesn't elegance show that the pilot has good operating skills?" the principal continued to ask confusedly.

"Yes, it indeed does show that the pilot has good operating skills, but it's not limited to just that." After saying this, Tang Yu couldn't help but smile before continuing. "In fact, a cadet that is able to perform to this level can be considered to be quite outstanding already. Unfortunately, after having seen Ling Lan's operating skills, I actually don't think this cadet's skills are very good."

"Ling Lan's operating skills have already reached that high of a level?"

"Simple and one with nature!" Tang Yu's words shook the principal. This was the foundation for advancing to imperial level. Had Ling Lan already progressed so far?