518

518 Addiction!
Previous
Index
Book
Next
"Boss, I should have reminded you." Little Four hung his head in shame. It was his job to advise her as an assistant, yet he had been negligent.

"That's why we must remember this lesson. In the future, we need to supervise each other. No matter who makes a mistake, the other will help them find out what it is." Ling Lan smiled at Little Four. Only in her mindscape would she let herself loose and keep acting as a boss.

Ling Lan's curved eyes and expression stupefied Little Four.

Little Four's dumbfounded look made Ling Lan's mood even better. She flicked her finger and said, "Dummy, what are you looking at?"

Little Four yelped and rubbed his forehead. He looked at his boss with saddened eyes, criticizing her ruthlessness. Wuwuwu, his forehead was definitely red from Boss's flick. It was so painful.

By the time the pain had finally faded away and Little Four looked at Boss, she had already returned to wearing her cold facial expression. He regrettably said, "Boss, you need to smile more. You looked pretty when you smiled just now."

Ling Lan gulped and asked, "Pretty? How so?" Would people suspect that she was a female because of this?

Little Four began to look for all types of descriptive words. "Just… just… let me look through the database. Yes, yes, yes, I've found adorable, alluring, angelic, bewitching, charming, cute, dazzling, divine, elegant, exquisite, fair, foxy, gorgeous…" Little Four read out the words that described beauty one by one.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! It can't be that exaggerated, right?" Ling Lan didn't what to say. If she had indeed grown up to be like that, her friends would have already suspected her to be a woman, right?

Little Four looked at Ling Lan blankly. Were this these kinds of descriptions exaggerated? But why did he feel that it was very proper? When Boss smiled a moment ago, even an intellectual entity such as himself had 70% of his energy sucked out of him. If it wasn't for the fact that Boss had flicked him, he may have just shut down right away.

Little Four's blank expression made Ling Lan laugh out loud. As expected of small children. They always said exaggerated things. She took out her hand and rubbed Little Four's hair and asked with a smile, "Little Four, just tell me this. When I smile, would people suspect me to be a girl?"

Little Four thought for a moment carefully and shook his head without hesitation. "No, not really. When Boss smiles, you give off the feeling of a father." It was the same kind of warmth that would make people want to dive into.

Hearing this, Ling Lan told herself that she couldn't smile randomly. Although it wouldn't make people suspect her as a female, it still wouldn't be a pleasant thing if people found out her relationship with Ling Xiao. Ling Lan didn't want to become the Federation's point of focus because of this.

It may have been the Federation's higher-ups wanting to protect Ling Xiao's bloodline, or to weaken Ling Xiao's influence in the army after Ling Xiao had unfortunately "sacrificed" himself. No matter who it was, whether it was the Ling family or others, they were all told to not speak a word of her birth. Ling Xiao's bloodline was not publicized, and thus the public would definitely not know.

Afterwards, when Ling Xiao was "revived", it was by pure luck that Ling Lan was mistakenly put into the First Men's Military Academy. In order for Ling Xiao to protect Ling Lan, he did even more to make sure this information didn't get out. In the end, other than those who knew about it in the past, the matter was told only to some of Ling Xiao's trusted friends.

This was also why no matter how outstanding Ling Lan's performance was in the First Men's Military Academy, no one would connect her with Ling Xiao. In addition, there was a theory that the descendants of a god-class operators wouldn't be very talented. This gave Ling Lan another layer of safeguarding.