Chapter 8- Introduction

Olivia had only been lost in thought for a moment when the phone on the table rang back right away. Erina picked it up then her expressions did a 180, she pressed it down then looked up, “Apparently that was all they could get from him the first time, you might have to get what you need yourself. Prepare a team and have at it. Remember, no harm is to be done on the creature”.

Olivia was not enthusiastic about this, so many people had been hospitalized who haven’t woken up yet and few were questioning their identity. Erina watched the lady in front of her with an entertained expression, “Don’t think too much, just follow the new procedure we just created and your team will be fine. A word of caution, don’t dally. Oh, Actually do you have any surviving clone? Let’s see how he reacts to something that looks like him and he will be preoccupied with it so it might be easy to deal with him”.

Olivia was excused and she half excitedly and half with fear went on to form a team then she walked into the clone chamber. There was only one clone who had yet to expire and she had only made female clones, following Erina’s order.

This one had turned out to be healthy looking when it finally woke up but when the critical time arrived, it had started showing signs of expiring. Clone 10  was it’s given number and it’s age was twenty years. It actually didn’t take nineteen years to grow up but it did take two whole years and it was the last one in the batch. These clones grew five years in six months then once they neared twenty, they started waking up.

Olivia looked at her creation with sad eyes, “Pinky, you might have not accomplished your purpose but at least this way, you would helped your future sisters”, she touched the glass chamber and looked at the being inside who had black hair, black eyes and human skin all over, even the dolphin like tail was covered in human skin. It grew up with rare skin condition, usually they had dolphins like skin.

Few people came in and Olivia looked at Pinky for one last time and clicked her tongue, “Bring her out and be gentle, we don’t want her dead... Not yet anyways”, she said then walked out of the clone chamber. She had learned that if these clones were put in clear water, they died quickly, in salt water, it was not quick but they did die eventually and they only survived a bit longer by few hours if left in their birth chamber.

Olivia with Pinky and her team went to the fifth floor, underground. Before they entered, they had to wear noise blocking headphones and black sunglasses. They entered the small observatory tank room, it was small in comparison to what was under the building.

The one responsible to sedate took his position while Olivia darted her eyes every where to see the creature and soon enough she gawked at the marvellous creation of mother nature. He was around 194 cm long, short porcupine like hair, he had skin colour similar to blue whale but had sparkling scales, lizard like fingers but webbed, deep black eyes, very handsome looking face despite the skin colour and firm chest with strong abdomen.

The creature wasn’t slender but muscular and he looked at every one very carefully when he saw Pinky his head snapped at her direction and the black orbs in his eyes constricted, gills in his neck vibrated. They pulled up glass partition and he swam into the corner, ready to attack.

Olivia instructed her team to bring Pinky to next room where there was low level pool like the one where River was kept with Daisy. They followed and soon after a glass door slid open and Pinky swam into the next room after a while. She swam very slowly in comparison to the Siren. The partition was up and the siren had his eyes trained on the pink creature on the other side.

In a flash he had dashed towards Pinky but was stopped by the glass which made huge noise as if a bullet was shot to a glass inside the water from a gun. He slashed and thrashed using his whale like tail. Olivia nodded to the shooter who shot one dart then another one right in the creatures back and tail. Siren rushed to the surface from where he thought he was shot which was accurate and menacingly glared in all directions.