Chapter 10

I pulled away from him and stared in shock.

"Why did you do that?" I exclaimed frustrated and confused.

He sighed,"I love you Sabrina. That's why all of this must happen."

I looked at him with nothing but disgust in my eyes, my voice dripping with sarcasm,"Is that why you were always nice to me? You were always willing to kill everyone else, but never me."

He attempted to take my hand,"You were the first person to show me what love was. I had tried so hard to become a good person for you. I hid from the world while I searched for a way to make myself as young as you. I searched for a way for us to be together. I wanted you to love me."

I ripped my hand out of his reach. I never knew this. I didn't want to know this. He was the first friend that I had in this town and he would always have a special place in my heart, but this was absolutely disturbing.

"I could have loved you... as a friend, Mirror, but only as that. We could have been great friends, but you ruined that with the Scarlet Hand. All of those people who had to die wasn't worth it, and the biggest problem with all of this is that you're still doing it."

I took a deep breath and sighed, "Tell me whose behind all of this."

He huffed,"They'll kill me."

I thought about it,"No one will have to know."

The man bit his lip and leaned in close to whisper,"All I know is that the group is called the Fuchsia Hand. I was recruited into the group as the former Master of the Scarlet Hand. They told me that in order to achieve what I've always wanted, I would have to make some sacrifices. It was very clear that if I didn't break you down, they would kill me. I had to do it."

"You didn't have to do anything," I said through gritted teeth,"You wanted to. You enjoy causing pain.you enjoy causing me pain."

A look of sadness rushed over his face, but mine remained hardened, "Do you know who the leader is?"

"No,"he said with disappointment in his voice,"but you need to hear me when I tell you this Bri. Watch your back."

I called for Cindy. She unlocked the door and let me out.

"Always remember!" he screamed as I walked down the hall.

As I strolled down the street back to Granny's house, I thought about what he had said.

Always remember.

What did he mean by that?