Chapter 24

As the bomb went off in the west wing of the castle, I rolled over to Puck who had had a sharp stone and cut the ropes that had binded his wrists. He worked on mines and I was loose in a matter of seconds.
Granny sent guards to see the damage that had been done to the castle and the smoke started to cover the place in which we were standing.
Puck grabbed me from around my waist and took to the air.
We soared through the smoky night and raced to the place that we had called home for so long.
I prayed that Granny didn't get there first.
"Where's Daphne?" Puck screamed over the roaring winds.
"She should be at the house but we can't go there right now. Granny would follow us and then she would really be after Daph."
Puck nodded and we landed around the police department.
There was a small crack in the inside of the building and both Puck and I were small enough to fit through it.
As we sat in the space between the walls Puck and I discussed what we were going to do about Daphne.
"We can't just leave her like that in the house. She still believes that Granny loves her."
Puck nodded,"I know. We have to call her."
Puck snuck into the main lobby of the police department and used the pay phone to call her.
He came running back into the space between the walls,"She's not answering."
"Shit," I muttered.
We had to go to the house and get her. I couldn't let Granny have her.
It would hurt Daphne because she had always loved Granny. Ever since Granny introduced herself, Daphne had been the one that believed her. If it hurt me to know that Granny had never loved us, it would devastate Daphne.
Puck and I ran out of the police department and to Granny's house.
Puck pulled out his keys and unlocked true door. I pushed past him and into the house. While I was hurrying up the stairs, I tripped, but got right back up.
The only thing on my mind was You can't let anything happen to her. You promised to protect her. Don't let her die.
I ran into her room and my mouth dropped in horror.
Daphne was lying in the middle of the room. Blood all around her.
"Ahhhh," I screamed and fell to the ground.
Puck came up behind me and stopped short when he saw my little sister, dead, in front of me.
I howled as I felt my heart break into a million different pieces.
Puck came up behind me and grabbed under my arms so that he could help me up.
"Come on, Bri," he said.
"I-I d-don't w-want to," I said through my tears.
"Sabrina... Sabri..."
Everything that he was saying was just fading out.
I looked at my sister again and how her throat was cut. How she was bleeding out in he light blue rug that covered her room floor.
I cried out again and Puck picked me up bridal style.
He brought me back down the stairs and into the living room. He sat me on the couch and I brought my knees to my chest and sobbed.
Puck sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around my shaking body.
"I know. I know." He murmured in my ears.
"S-she c-cut her t-throat..." I sobbed.
Puck lifted my head out of my knees and looked into my eyes.
"I know. I loved Daph too. We'll bring the old lady to justice."
"I DONT WANT TO BRING HER TO JUSTICE. I WANT MY SISTER BACK."
I fell off the couch and onto the floor.
"She was so young. She didn't even know what hit her. She didn't even know that her grandmother didn't love her. That her grandmother was the whole reason she died."
Puck slipped off the couch and next to me.
"My sister," I whispered,"I didn't even get to tell her that I loved her. The last time I spoke to her, I yelled at her and told her that she never helped me. But it was a lie. She helped me so much and I never got to tell her that."