Chapter 14

Everyday for the next couple of weeks, I would wake up from my sleep and turn to check on Puck and everyday, he would continue to sleep.

One day I had completely given up all hope on him ever waking up. I had thought that he was dead. Dr. Whale told me that I couldn't give up hope. I had to believe that Puck was still alive and that one day he would wake. Of course, with all that hope, there had to be some despair to counter it. There was a slight chance that Puck could never wake up and that small chance it what was ruining me.

I didn't know how I would ever be able to survive without him. He is the only one that umderstands me. I know that that sounds so clichè, but its true. Puck was the one that showed me that there was so much more to life than self pity. He showed me that there was a lighter side to all the darkness and that it was my choice on which side I chose.

Today wasn't any different. I woke up and turned to the blonde,"Morning."

Talking and smiling had become a little easier since the first day that I hadwoken up. My lips had healed so it no longer burned to smile or smirk or anything like that. Sure, my back and whole body hurt like hell, but I'm working on staying positive.

Even though it was doctor's orders that I stay on bed, I refused to stop my investigation. I needed to know who this group was and figure out why they were coming after me. The first day that I had gotten feeling in my left hand again I picked up my phone and texted Red.

She had been worried sick about me, but she wasn't in town to come and see me. She had texted me last night and said that she was back and was going to come in first thing this morning.

True to her word, the perky girl skipped into the room and stopped at Puck's bed,"Oh, gosh, you guys look horrible. Especially since you guys were the best looking kids in high school."

I smiled and she walked to Puck's bedside table and put down a bouquet of flowers that she had been holding.

She continued and finally made her way over to me. She stopped right next to my bed and said,"Bri, I feel so bad. After I heard about the accident, I wanted to leabe Hawaii and come back to Ferryport Landing, but my uncle said that he spent too much money for me to come here so I couldn't leave."

"It's fine."

She hugged me tightly and I flinched in pain.

She pulled back,"Ohmygosh. I'm so sorry."

I nodded as she reached into her overly large bag and pulled out a supermarket bag and a teddy bear.

"What's that?" I asked suspiciouly.

She smirked,"A teddy bear."

I laughed,"I know that. I'm talking about the bag."

"Well, I thought that since you're working on getting out of the dark, loner phase that it might be better to spice up the hospital room."

I groaned.

"Don't do that. Just give me an hour and this room will look perfecto."

I picked up my book and she set to work.

~~~~~~~~

An hour later, she called my name.

I looked up to see butterflies on the wall and small, plastic bunnies on the floor. The white curtains had been replaced with a light green curtain. There were stickers all over the walls and ceilings and there were lights hangjng on the wall.

The room was so childish. So Red.

I laughed.

"Oh hahaha. It looks nice." She said proudly.

"What is Dr. Whale going to say about all of this?"

Her smile brightened,"I already asked and he said it was okay."

We both laughed again and the whole reason why I was here came to mind.

"Red, uh... do you think you could do me a favor?"

The girl rolled her eyes and reached into her bag. She pulled out a laptop and set it up on a nearby table.

"What'll it be this time, Miss. Grimm?"