Chapter 28

It didn't register to me that Puck was dead until I heard the sharp, sudden sound of Melodie's shriek.

Puck hit the floor with a thud and I felt the huge swelling in my chest.

Melodie's face of tears turned into anger as she turned to me.

"You did this!" she yelled.

I looked down at the corpse of my fallen lover. I looked at the knife in my hand and the blood that surrounded it.

"Yeah," I said, distantly, "I did."

My spaciness musty have really ticked her off because she lunged at me, knife bared and previous smile gone.

I dodged her lunge and landed on my feet. If there was one thing that Puck had taught me, it was that you had to be quick on your feet.

Melodie recovered quickly and ran at me. I stepped to the side, barely missing the pointed end of her knife.

"Why are you still fighting?" I asked myself, "You gotten the vengeance for Daphne. Just take what Melodie had to offer. Nonexistence."

I looked at the girl who was fighting me and suddenly, it seemed as if time had stopped. Everything had seized to move.

"What's going on?" I asked oblivion.

"Hey, Brina."

I froze. It couldn't be. It wasn't possible. And yet it was. It was a voice that I had thought that I would never hear again.

"Daphne?"

I turned and there she was. As bright eyes and bushy tailed as ever. Maybe a little too bright. I shielded my eyes from the thing that looked like my sister.

"I missed you." She said to me, "We all have."

I turned to see my mother, father, and Mirror looking back at me.

"I missed you guys too," the tears in my eyes had moved to my throat and made it hard for me to speak.

"We don't have much time, my love," my mother said.

"Mommy," I whispered.

"Yes darling. We have waited so long for this to happen. We're here for a reason. You cant let go. We all know what you've been through and we know who you have lost. We are here to tell you that no matter how much we want you too, you cant let go and join us yet."

My father stepped forward, "Hello, Angel."

I started to let the tears run freely down my face, "Daddy..."

He gave me a sheepish smile, "I know. I want you to stay here. Find something to fight for. Find something to do. Be with someone that you love. You cant give up. Not yet."

He moved over so that he was standing by my side. So close that I could touch him.

"I missed you guys so much," I blubbered.

He put his arm around me with a smile," I always told you that I ddint like him."

He kissed me on the cheek and Daphne stepped forward.

"You have always been the best big sister in the entire world and I couldn't stand to see you in your state of depression. I want you to promise me something."

I looked at her chocolate eyes and felt a longing to be with my family. I wanted to be a part again. I wanted to be whole. And the only way to do that was by being with my family.

Daphne spoke,"Don't think like that. Promise me that you will always be here for your friends and never forget your family. Dotn try to put yourself in danger just for the sake of being with us again."

The image of them started to fade.

"No." I said,"Don't go."

"We love you." they all shouted, together.

I opened my eyes and all I saw was the angry face of Melodie.

"I cant let go."

I pushed her back and pulled out my knife.

"Listen, I don't want to hurt you, but come any closer and I will have to."

She laughed,"Lying bitch."

She lunged at me again and landed into my knife. She gasped.

"I'm sorry," I said as I pulled my knife back and she fell to the ground.

I sighed and walked away from the terrible night that I had.