Chapter 25

I sat, staring at the floor for who knows how long with Puck rubbing my shoulder and whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

I really wish he wouldn't.

I pulled away from him and he just stared.

He didn't come after me or say a word. He just sat there.

I figured he was grieving too. He had loved Daphne as much as I did. The only thing that I couldn't figure out was why he wasn't expressing his feelings the way I was. The tears were rushing from my eyes and he was sitting there. Solemnly. Silently.

After about ten minutes of nothing, I broke.

"How can you just sit there like that? You've known her for years and she might as well be your family! She dies and you don't shed a tear!"

"Bri-" he started, but I cut him off.

"No. Don't talk. You haven't shed a tear. ONCE. She meant a lot to me and you couldn't even shed a tear to at least make me feel the slightest bit that there was somebody that she meant a lot to that wasn't lying to her or told her to go away."

Puck's face changed at that moment.

"You don't think that I cared for her?" he asked, "You think that I didn't care for her?"

His voice was getting louder and he stood up.

"I wasn't the one that told her to fuck off. That was you. I wasn't the one that told her that she didn't mean anything to me. That was you. I didn't lie to her about how much I cared for her. That was the old lady. So how dare you tell me that I didn't care for Daphne?"

There was fire in his eyes and it hurt that it was directed at me.

"I loved that girl and if you didn't know that then I don't see how I can be with you."

Tears started to fall from his eyes, "All these years, I protected you and Daphne. I saved you both from unspeakable horrors, some that you didn't even know about. Do you have any idea of how many people wanted to take advantage of you in school because they knew that you didn't care? All those days that I would come home with black eyes and bruises was because I was defending you and Daphne. Everybody thought of you two as the town weirdos, but I fought and ended up hurt on countless occasions because I LOVE YOU."

I flinched as he yelled the last few words. I opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me off.

"No. Don't speak. I loved you both. Now all of this is upsetting that and you are clueless as to what is happening to me because you're too caught up on your own damn life.  I'm done holding it all in. I loved Daphne. She was like a little sister to me too. When you were going through your little phase, me and Daphne stayed up to the latest hours of the night to help you. We got closer than ever, but you wouldn't know that, would you? You think this is only hurting you? When I saw what is now Daphne, it felt as if a piece of my heart was ripped out. You're not the only one that loved her and don't even try to pretend that I don't care."

He crashed to the ground.

"Puck!"

He was out cold.

I picked up his head and lay it in my lap and let him rest.

He was an emotional mess. An emotional mess that was right.

While I was in my depression, I never cared to think about what everyone else was doing. I was more concerned about how I was going to get over the deaths of all my friends and family.

I never thought of what Daph and Puck were doing to "fix" it. I only knew that Granny was trying to stick me into different programs to "fix" it.

I looked down at the boy that was lying in my lap and an overwhelming sense of love came over me.

I lifted my head to his had and started to run my fingers through his hair. His blonde curls were sticking out at every known and unknown angle.

He started to stir and I kissed right near his ear.

"I love you," I whispered.

He turned over and looked at me with his green eyes, "You may have a lot of problems, Sabrina Grimm, but I do, and always will, love you."

I was kind of upset last night because I couldn't go to my friend's party, but my mom made it up to me by taking my family to dinner at Billy Joe's Ribworks, which eventually turned into a concert from this really cool band called Hold On Tight. They're a cover band and I must say... yesses. My family and I were dancing for four hours and it was really fun. One of the lead singers noticed us and gave us high fives and took pictures. We also met the other lead singer and she was really cool. Check them out on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. ~Miki