Chapter 11

As I was laying in my bed to sleep that night, what Mirror had said kept going through my mind. He had told me to always remember. That would be something that somebody would say if they thought they were leaving or going to die. It kind of made sense because Mirror had said that if the leader figured out that he had told, they would kill him. But that would be impossible with all the security around.

I had just decided to go see him again tomorrow when my room opened.

"Who is that?"

My vision focused on the shadow and I figured out that the only person that had broad shoulders and light messy hair would be Puck. My suspicions were confirmed when he lay down in the bed next to me.

"Wassup Bri," he said.

"Nothing much. You?"

He let out a shaky laugh,"I was almost killed the other day. But considering that, I feel pretty good."

I kissed his cheek.

"I know that you went to go see Mirror today," he said as we stared up at the ceiling.

I launched into the story about what Mirror had told me. I wanted to skip over the part about him kissing me, but it was a crucial part of the story and I didn't want Puck to think that i didn't trust him.

He jumped up when I said it.

"He did what?"

I sighed,"He kissed me."

He huffed,"That son of a bitch. He shouldn't have put his hands on you. He's freaking old as the sun. He's like two hundred thousand years old. He's-"

I cut him off with a laugh and he glared at me,"What's so funny?"

I giggled,"You're ranting about him being old and your three thousand years old."

I hugged him and told him that it was okay because that's as far as he got and then continued the rest of the story. He kept quiet until the end.

"So all you know is that there's another group that's trying to hurt you and it's an extension of the Scarlet Hand? You don't know who the leader is or anything like that?"

I shook my head,"I actually was going to go see him tomorrow. You're welcome to come too and help me question him. The only rules are that you can't touch him. No hitting or anything like that."

He sighed and we continued to stare at the ceiling in the dark. After a long while had passed, he rolled over so that he was on top of me.

I laughed,"What are you doing?"

"When Mirror was choking me, I had a while to think. My mind wasn't saying that I was going to die. The only thing that I was thinking about was you. You would have been the last thing that I thought about when I had died. I had thought about all the things that we hadn't been able to do. I want to do things that we shouldn't be doing. I'm a boy so yeah, that's kind of what should be on my mind, but it's different with us. Normal people get the  chance to grow old and think about doing things like that when they get older. We don't have that luxury. Every time we turn around, someone is trying to kill one of us. We-"

I leaned up and crashed our lips together. When we separated, I said,"You talk too much."

We kissed again and this time, it became and more intimate.

~~~~~~

I awoke on Puck's naked chest and smiled.

I can't believe we did that.

I then looked at the time and realized that I didn't have all day.

I climbed out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I took a shower and pulled on some colorful clothes. When I went back into my room, Puck was gone. I pulled on some shoes and walked out into the hallway. After fixing some cereal, I sat at the table and ate. About half way through my meal, Puck came out of his room with soaking wet hair. He smiled at me as he buttoned up the rest of his buttons and told me that he would be in the car, waiting.

I finished up and walked out to the car. We rode to the jail.

I turned to Puck,"Are you sure that you want to go in?"

He huffed and then smiled,"Of course."

I kissed his cheek and then we went inside. From the minute we walked in, I could tell that something was wrong.

There weren't any guards standing in the front. Some of the cells were open and the keys weren't on the wall.

Puck and I looked at each other and rushed towards the door leading to the cells.

There was crowd of officers. I walked up to Ella.

"What happened?"

She sighed,"I think it would be better if you saw it yourself."

She nodded at Puck and led us to the cell that she had led me to yesterday. The cell was swarmed with the majority of the total amount of officers of Ferryport Landing. On the ground, lay a pink handprint and a small note.

It didn't seem like the officers had noticed it and I figured that it would be a clue to finding out who was messing with my family. I bent down to fake tie my shoes and picked up the note.

One of the officers moved and I saw a huge sheet on the floor.

"What is that?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

Puck looked over and gasped.

I walked over to the sheet and picked up a small corner. There was the pale face of the no longer living Mirror.

My eyes started tearing. Even though Mirror had been a complete and utter dick to me, he had trying to help me out with figuring out who was doing all of this.

Now, there was no one except me and Puck.