Chapter 12

I was shivering in fear as I sat in Puck's car.

We sat in silence outside of the police station and thought about the day's events. Mirror was dead now. He was dead because I had forced him to tell me what he knew about the Pink Hand.

Puck rubbed my shoulder as he whispered sweet nothings across the car, but i wasn't listening.

I was thinking about what had happened yesterday. There had to be a camera or something around because the only person that I told about the Pink Hand was Puck. I glanced at the boy in accusation and mentally smacked myself. I can't think like that. Puck was a good person and I couldn't start blaming things on people without any evidence. The only thing that I did know was that whoever the Pink Hand was, they better watch out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we rode home, I continued to think.

If the person wasn't Puck, which I highly doubted it was, there had to be a camera in the cell. That was the obly way that the pink Hand would have figured it out because i didn't tell on Mirror and I'm pretty sure that he didn't either.

My mind suddenly went to the note that I had picked up in the cell. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the pink envelope. In bold, curvy letter, the letter said:

Dear Mirror,

We had recruited you for the excellency and accuracy of your project of The Scarlet Hand. We came to you to ask for the help of getting close Miss Grimm. You agreed to help us and keep this secret, but you failed. We are fully aware that you told Miss Grimm about the being of this group. You were informed when first recruited that if you were to tell anyone, we would come after you. You told, so don't be surprised if we're right behind you.

~The Pink Hand

I folded the paper back up and shivered. The letter was creepy beyond compare. Basically, the note told me that The Pink Hand has been watching Mirror and probably me too.

Once again, I shivered.

Puck glanced at me and quickly placed his eyes back on the road,"Are you alright? Your face changed when you read the letter. What was in it?"

I forced a small smile,"They've been watching."

I turned my head to look out the window as the water droplets clouded my vision.

A sudden jerk of the car caused me to lurch to the side.

"What the hell, Puck" I screamed as I lifted my hands to protect my head.

"The car," he screamed,"there's no breaks."

The vehicle swerved again and the two of us could do nothing but swerve along with it.

The last thing I saw before the car slammed into a tree and caused both Puck and I to bang our heads on the windows was someone running their hand along my window. Along with it went a thick streak of pink paint.