Chapter 13

I awoke in a hospital bed with Granny and Daphne standing over me.

They both had worried, but relieved faces.

"What happened?" I groaned as I sat up in the hospital bed in which I was residing.

Daph spoke,"You and Puck got in a car accident three days ago. You crashed into a tree in the pouring rain. We didn't get the call until yesterday because you guys are so banged up that it is kinda hard to see who it was."

"Three day?" I said as a sharp pain spread through my back and I seethed in pain.

Daphne and Granny nodded.

"Where's Puck?"

Daphne jerked her head over to her left. It hurt a lot to move my head, but when I did, I saw a bruised and broken Puck laying in a bed nearby. Daphne was right when she said that it was hard to notice who the person was. Puck had stitches going across his face and bruises all over his body. I could only imagine what I  looked like.

"Can you show me what I look like?" I asked Daphne and she sheepishly nodded. She grabbed my phone from the table that was next to me and pulled up the camera. I sat up a little straighter to look and gasped.

My hair was a rat's nest. There were long cuts along my forehead and my nose was slightly towards the right. Stitches covered my cheeks and my lips were swollen and broken.

I lifted my hand to feel my face and pain spread. Noticing that I couldn't feel my other arm, I looked at it. Figures. My left arm was in a cast.

My memory suddenly jumped back to the crash.

The pink paint.

"Did either of you get to see the car after the accident?" I asked my sister and grandmother.

Daphne shook her head, but Granny nodded,"I went there after visiting yesterday."

"Was there anything weird with the car window on the passenger side? Like pink paint?"

Granny shook her head.

There was no possible way that I had imagined that. That was something that just couldn't have happened. I know that I saw somebody smear pink paint on the window.

"Why don't you rest?" Granny said.

I tried to protest, but the door to the room opened. A man in white coat and holding a clipboard came over to me and smiled.

"Aw, look. You're up."

I tried to smile, but my lips burned,"Dr. Whale."

Dr. Whale had been the doctor that created Frankenstein. I knew that if he did my stitches, I wouldn't have to worry about things going wrong with them.

"Well, Miss. Grimm. I checked out you and Mr. Goodfellow and it seems as if you guys are fine except you were in an accident, you broke bones, you got the bumps and bruises, and you're probably going to be in a lot of pain for a while."

The corners of my mouth turned up slightly as I glanced at Puck. He looked as if he was still unconscious. I turned back to Dr. Whale,"Has Puck woken up since the accident?"

He shook his head,"No, but don't worry. He's still alive and we can all be at least thankful for that."

I nodded as he spoke to Daphne and Granny,"She needs to rest."

They nodded and waved goodbye to me. As Daphne stepped out, she turned out the light.

I tried to roll over on the bed, but the pain was just too great to bear, so I lay still and fell asleep, midroll.