Chapter 21

I put my head down in silence and shame as Puck continued to stare at me.

"Sabrina?"

I bit my lip as I urged to whoever was out there listening that he would give up and we could go back to our normal relationship.

It didn't work.

"I'm not moving from this spot until you explain."

I guess that I was a bomb just awaiting to go off.

"Yeah, I know. I shouldn't have said that to my sister. But I don't regret it. It was the truth and it set me free."

He sighed, "I don't care about what you talk about with your sister. That was none of my business. What was my business was the fact that you were going to... going to..."

He stopped and I could tell that he was trying to hold back tears. I was too. I had told myself a long time ago that I was never going to tell him about my decision. He was never supposed to hear anything about it. Nobody was.

"Listen," I started, "I was going to do it, but you saved me. That's all there is to it."

He forced a smile, "Do you still have thoughts like that?"

I shook my head and he let out a sigh of relief.

"I don't think I could even conjure a thought like that anymore. It seemed kind of foreign back then and even more now."

He nodded and turned the key in the ignition.

We sped off down the road and I closed my eyes and thought of how I was lying through my teeth.

Puck and I had had a rocky childhood relationship. After the war, he just gave up on all the things that we did as kids. I didn't really mind, considering that I was going through my stage of depression.

In the last few days of high school, I just wanted to give up on everything, and like everyone knows now, Puck saved me.

What everybody doesn't know is that I tried to commit suicide while I was in the hospital.

I couldn't bare to live in a world where people that I cared for were dying again. Especially when it was a branch of the first thing that killed many of my family.

When they told me that Puck was in a coma, the first thing that came to mind was that my reason for living had just vanished. Without a reason to live, I just gave in.

While the nurses weren't looking, I swiped a few extra pain relievers from the cart.

I had the pills in my mouth and the cold glass filled with ice water against my lips when I saw the slightest bit of motion come from the corner of my eye.

Puck's wing had moved. He had moved. That slight movement had given me hope that he would wake. I spit out the pills and nobody ever figured it out.

I leaned my head against the window and watched all the road signs go by as we cruised down the road and to the castle.

Eventually, we made it there and a huge shiver climbed through my body.

"Well, well, well," I heard a voice say, "I knew that you would come back. You wouldn't risk the lives of your family."

I huffed,"You have no idea what I would do. Nobody does."

Ella laughed, "That's funny. If you didn't come here to save your family, why did you come at all?"

"Because I thought that I could save you. You created this whole group so that you could have a family. I know that there is someone out there for you. You just cant kidnap people and threaten their families to get love."

Her smile widened as she spoke,"Honey, you've got it all wrong."

Two of Ella's employees transported right in front of both me and Puck. One from both of our groups held us down while the others binded our hands and feet.

When we were both on the ground, with gags in out mouths, she came to us and kneeled.

"I'm not the one you should fear," she whispered, "There are more to the Pink Hand and you will be surprised who the real ring leader is."

I spat in her face. She squealed as she stood quickly.

The men that tied up Puck and I pulled out towels and started to dab at her face.

I looked past the men and saw a figure of someone.

All of a sudden, Ella and her servants bowed down. When the shadow turned into an image, I gasped.

"Granny Relda?"

The video that is attached to this chapter has nothing to do with it. I just put it there because I wanted you guys to check out my sister and I's (not sure if that is grammatically correct but whatever :) ) YouTube channel. Thanks. You guys can like and leave comments and they would be much appreciated.  ~Luv ya  Miki