Chapter 15

Red pulled out her laptop and placed it on the bottom of my bed,"I don't see anything about the Pink Hand, Bri."

We had been going through pictures of the car wreck for hours and Granny was right. There wasn't any pink on the passenger side door.

I sighed,"Well, thanks for trying."

She nodded and packed up her stuff, considering that visiting hours were almost over. She pulled her bag onto her shoulder and gave me a quick hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had spent the whole day laying in my bed and wallowing in self pity. I feel completely useless since I can't help figure out what was going on with this Pink Hand. It didn't help that the police had nothing to go on. Puck and I were the only ones that had seen the paint smear across the window and one out of the two wasn't conscious.

When Doctor Whale came into the room, I sighed.

"What's wrong, Sabrina?" he asked.

"I don't want to be in here anymore. I would rather be outside helping to find out who these people are."

The doctor laughed,"Well, this is your final week here. At the beginning of next week, we can let you go."

I smiled and thanked him. After being in the hospital for over a month, I was super excited to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week dragged on, but eventually, I was able to pack my stuff and leave. Before getting into Uncle Jake's car, I said goodbye to the nurses and to doctor Whale. The last person I bid farewel was Puck. I didn't want to leave him, b ut he still hadn't woken up from the coma.

"I'll figure it out." I said  and kissed his cheek before leaving the room.

I got home and walked up to my room. It was just as I left it. I didn't even bother putting my stuff away. I plopped my things onto the bed and walked right back out.

As I passed the living room, I called,"I'm going out."

Granny came out and said,"Liebling, you just got home. Why don't you go back to your room and rest a little more."

I huffed,"I've been resting for a month, Granny. I think I'm pretty rested."

She continued to speak, but I was already walking out the door.

I pulled out Jake's keys and put them into the ignition. I drove to the site of the car crash. The police were all around the tree that the car ran into. When they saw me, they turned around and asked me if I was okay. I don't know if it has ever happened to you, but it;s kind of hard to talk when twenty different people are trying to talk to you at once. I reassured all of the officers that I was okay.

Officer Ella came over to me and asked me how Puck was.

"He's in a coma, but he's still breathing." I said in a low tone.

"Well, that's good. What brings you here?"

I pulled my coat tighter around me as a large gust of wind blew the fall air,"I was just coming to see if I could be of any use to the clean up. I mean, we were the ones who made the mess."

 Ella ruffled my hair as if I was five,"It wasn't your fault. It was raining. It could've happened to anyone. But sure, what's the harm in letting you clean up.. Just go get some gloves and be careful of all of all the glass."

I grabbed some gloves and my mind went to the fact that it was a month after the crash and they were still cleaning up. When I asked Officer Anderson, she told me that the person who took the wrecked car took a while to come and get it. I nodded and started grabbing some of the wreck. The whole reason I was here was I needed an excuse to get close to the rubble and check for any clues.

We cleaned for about five hours and in the end, there was nothing left.

I approached Officer Ella and gave her back the gloves. As soon as I got close to her, she started laughing,"You look as if you lost a puppy."

"Well, I was sort of looking for something in the rubble and I didn't find it." I sighed.

She pulled me into a hug,"We'll let you know if we find the pink paint."

I nodded and then stopped.

"How do you know about the paint? I didn't tell you about it." I asked, moving away from her.

Her face turned a shade of red,"Oh, your grandmother told me about it."

I squinted my eyes as she squirmed. She put her arms behind her back.

I grabbed one and like I thought, there was a stain of pink spread in each crevice.

"It was you." I said with hatred and malice.