Chapter 41 - The Whole Truth (Part 2/2)

The mother-daughter like relationship between Hailey and Addison is based off of a suggestion I got a little while back from thanks for the idea lilyliv123I feel like it worked really well with this section and helped me right this this chapter. Hope you enjoy part 2!

"Detective." The uniform greeted as Jay entered his sister's room.

"Officer, how are we doing in here?" Jay responded.

"We're just about done. Nice to meet you Addison sorry it wasn't in better circumstances, but I hope you feel better soon." The cop said politely as he was leaving. Jay thanked him and then turned to his sister once the uniform had left.

"What the hell Addie? What you think it's ok just to run away like that? Do you know how many cases I've worked on where girls your age have got attacked or even murdered out there at night!" Jay said in frustration.

"I know that ok! How many times have you told me that Jay because I've lost count."

"Exactly, and somehow it still doesn't seem to go in Addie?" Jay said in a raised voice as they both began to get more and more frustrated.

"Screw you, I'm don't need to justify myself to you Jay. You never let me go to any of these parties, i ran off once yeah I messed up, but I'm fine so let it go!" Addison reflecting the exact same temper and facial expressions as he had.

"While you're living under my roof you one hundred percent have to justify things like this."

"Under your roof? You wouldn't know it."

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Jay said, confused.

"Well seen as you seem to know everything about me and the people I hang out with you should know."

"Addison..."

"You're never there Jay, not anymore. You're so busy with work I hardly see you, you know how alone I feel? I said I was fine being alone since the Reagan thing and that guy that attacked me because of Dad's debts, but I'm not it scares me Jay ok! Is that what you wanna hear!" Addison yelled.

"Addie..."

"Just leave me alone Jay!" Will came back into the room having just heard what was turning into a shouting match between his siblings.

"Alright, Jay outside." Will said and Jay stood still for a few seconds not knowing what to say to Addison. "Don't make me get Ernie." Will said when he wasn't moving and Jay followed him out. "Addie we'll be back in a sec ok?" Will said in a gentle tone ducking back into the room just before he left to go talk to Jay.

"I'll check in on her." Hailey said who was stood outside the room.

"Thanks Hailey." Will said and went to the break room where he had directed Jay.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" Hailey said sitting on the end of Addison's bed.

"I've been better. I didn't mean it, what I said to Jay." Addison responded, feeling a little guilty for yelling at her brother like that.

"He knows that because he didn't mean any it either. He was just scared, he just wants you to be safe." Hailey said and squeezed her hand.

"I should go apologise." Addison added looking towards where her brothers were talking in the break room.

"You can do that when he comes back out. Let Will, talk to him first yeah?" Hailey said and she nodded. "You want me to braid your hair, we can talk about school I wanna know all about how your softball's going?"

"Everyone just seems to want to talk to me about what happened with those other kids in the alley." Addison said.

"Well do you want to talk about what happened in the alley." Hailey asked.

"Not really, not right now anyway. I'm not hurt or anything. Softball sounds better." Addison responded with a small smile.

"And I saw a cop in here before Jay came in did you give them your statement?"

"Yeah."

"Great then braids and baseball talk it is, you got hair ties?" Hailey asked, Addison nodded and smiled getting a couple off of her wrist before moving forward a little so Hailey could sit behind her and braid.

In the meantime in the breakroom.

"It's funny for a minute there I thought I had two teenage siblings instead of one teenager and one adult." Will started leaning against the table as Jay sat on the couch head in hands with a sigh.

"I messed up..." Jay responded.

"No, you were trying to get the right message across. She shouldn't have snuck out, you just went about it the wrong way. That's all."

"Yeah. I just want the best for her...we want the best for her, I question almost every decision I make about hundred odd times no matter how small." Jay explained.

"We wouldn't be very good parental figures if we didn't. We're lucky. She's a good kid the majority of the time, this is what hopefully will be a one off. It might be worth getting her to have an informal chat with Dr Charles again at some point, just to help her cope with the Reagan stuff." Will said

Jay nodded in agreement looking out the window at their sister smiling and talking to Hailey as Hailey braided her hair.

"Hey uh...Casey from 51 he gave me this told me it fell out of her bag when they found her." Will said getting his sister's treasured Whitesox baseball cap from inside his cubby and passing it to Jay.

"I'll give it to her now, thanks man."

"No problem I'll leave you guys to talk for a while, I'll come check in on her later." Will responded, Jay nodded in agreement and went to go and talk to his sister.

"Hey, cool braids." Jay said walking back into Addison's room with her cap and a laptop in his hand.

"Hey, thanks." Addison smiled, looking a little ashamed and still feeling guilty for what she had said.

"Where did Hailey go?" Jay asked noticing the sudden absence of the other detective.

"She went to go grab some coffee, she said she'd be back in a few minutes."

"Ok great, well I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I should have never of spoken to you the way I did. I took it way too far and I'm sorry." Jay confessed.

"No, I'm sorry I shouldn't have scared you like that."

"No you shouldn't have, but I responded in a terrible way and I should have thought about my part in this as well as yours. You've only been living with me for a year and a half now Addie and so much has happened I just want you to be happy." Jay responded and put his hand between the back of her neck and shoulder comfortingly.

"I am happy, I'm feel the most happy and safe I have ever felt being around you and Will. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be and I'm never gonna scare you and Will like that ever again Jay I promise." Addison said and smiled at Jay.

"Come here." He said having put the cap and laptop down on her bed. He pulled her into a hug.

"I love you." Addie said hugging him back.

"I love you too, always." He said and as they broke apart he picked up the laptop and cap again. "Hey so Casey gave this to Will he said it fell out of your bag when they picked you up." Jay said putting the cap on her head. "and this...is a spare laptop that I asked if they had around here so that we can watch the game. Seen as you're in overnight for observation I figured we could use something to keep us occupied."

"Really? Can we watch it?" Addison said with a smile.

"Sure here." He said exchanging the grin.

A few minutes later Hailey was walking back towards the treatment room Addison was in with the coffee and smiled as she saw the pair asleep on the bed.

Thanks for reading and your continued support! :)