Chapter-9 Black and Blue (part 2)

"Hey" Addison said as Jay entered the break room.

"Hey, you feeling better?" Jay replied walking in and shutting the door behind him.

"A little." She responded as Jay walked over with the first aid kit and sat on the couch next to her.

"Alright" Jay said putting a hand under her chin and lifting her face up to clean her injuries. He broke a cold pack and gave it to her to put on her right eye that had a dark red/purple bruise forming. Then he got out the cotton wool and soaked it in antiseptic before using it to clean the blood from near her nose and her lip. "Ok let's see." He said pulling the ice pack away from her eye and studying the bruise. "Its gonna hurt like hell while it heals but it should be ok." He applied some arnica to her bruises before giving her what was left of the tube. "I'll replace the one here."

"Thanks Jay." She responded as he got up to put the kit away. He lightly squeezed her shoulder in response.

"Hey kiddo how you doing?" Hailey said walking into the room and looking towards Jay and Addison.

"I'm alright thanks Hailey sorry for disturbing your partner for the day." Addison said in response.

"No worries don't apologise, you need us to go and speak to those kids to make sure they don't bother you no more?" Hailey offered.

"No thanks for the offer, but they'll say I need people fighting my battles for me." Addison replied.

"Ok well you change your mind you just say ok. Trust me one harsh word from Jay or one of us and they wouldn't ever mess with you again." Hailey said looking out at the others guys in the unit through the window.

"Yeah I wouldn't wanna mess with them either." Addison smirked in agreement.

"Cool well Jay, Voight said you could take the rest of the day off. You wanna come out for a drink at Molly's later though?" Hailey suggested.

"Yeah sounds great I'll be there." Jay said in response.

"Great I guess I'll see you later then. See you Addie." Hailey said walking back into the main room.

"Yeah see you Hailey." Addison said as she walked away.

"Ok come on we're heading home Will's coming around." Jay said as he guided his sister out of the unit as they said goodbye to everyone and left for the rest of the day.

They were walking through the car park when Addison had kept quiet for a while and wore a smirk on her face.

"Come on, out with it?" Jay said seeing the look on her face.

"What?" Addison said innocently still wearing the smirk on her face.

"You haven't looked this happy since before I picked you up from school what's so funny?" Jay said making Addison smile even more.

"You like her?" Addison said.

"Who Hailey?" Jay replied almost too quickly.

"Yeah Hailey." Addison said trying to catch her brother out and laughing a little.

"No...I mean I like her as a friend and she's my partner you know, but..." Jay tried to justify.

"Really? Cause you knew who I was talking about pretty quickly." Addison added still smiling at her brother who just rolled his eyes and smiled back.

"Yeah well...it's a common misconception." Jay said quickly trying to cover.

"Yeah?" Addison added which Jay sighed after and paused to think about his answer. "So...say...hypothetically if I did like her, you think she feels the same?"

"Definitely, but there's only one way to find out." Addison said.

"What?"

"Go for that drink tonight." Addison said like it was the easiest solution in the world. Jay sighed again and grabbed his sister in a loose headlock as they walked towards the car ruffling her hair.

"Your too smart for your own good sometimes." He said smiling as they walked.

"Stop, stop, Jay!" Addison said laughing as he held her in the headlock. He released her and she said "so are you going?"

"Yeah." He said giving her a nudge on her arm. "I'm going."

Thanks for reading more to come soon particularly on Upstead for the next few chapters :)