Chapter 34- Pre-Trial.

Hey everyone, I've added a notice on the start of the last chapter that you might not have seen on your last read so if you haven't seen it. It's in bold at the top. I'd encourage you to have a read if you haven't seen it already it might make this one make sense.

Next day at court 4 hours before trial

Addie sighed as she froze on the stand again after being asked another question about Reagan. She was getting more and more nervous about the real trial and more upset after talking about the person that terrified her and tried to kill her and her brother.

Peter noticed how frustrated and panicked she was getting.

"Addison." He said in a gentle tone walking up to right in front of the stand. "Take a break ok? He said quietly trying to keep her calm.

"No, no I can do this Peter keep going." Addison said and quickly wiped her clammy hands on her pants and sat up straight again.

"Addison there's no pressure we can practise this a few more times before the real thing we have a little while yet." Peter said.

"I know, but I just need to do it Peter please." Addison said and he just nodded and continued reluctantly.

"What did the defendant, Mr Reagan say when he was threatening you and your brother with the gun?" Peter asked.

"Well before Jay got there he was shouting about everything my brother had supposedly done to his family. Saying that I was as good as dead and Jay was going to pay for what he did to Jackson." Addison said.

"And when Jay arrived?" Peter continued.

"Much the same, he'd put me in a cleaning closet earlier on when I yelled at him back saying how the unit would get to him eventually and he pistol whipped me. I came round shortly after and he got me out of the closet, put his left arm under my neck and his right hand holding his gun to my temple and I saw Jay there." Addie explained.

"What happened then?" Peter pressed.

"He told Jay to drop his weapon before he came in or he'd kill me right there and then. So Jay did, then he apologised for the situation Reagan was in, after he told Cody that his kids will have the same childhood as he had if he goes to prison. Reagan didn't care. He was so mad he just kept saying Jay would pay for what he had done and kept the gun on me. He had gone so far as to cock back the gun and place his finger on the trigger. He was so close." Addison said and closed her eyes.

"What stopped him?" Peter said.

"Antonio Dawson shot him with a sniper rifle. To start off with I thought he'd shot either Jay or myself which sounds strange, but in that situation it's all you can think of." Addison said.

"Good job Addie." Peter said going up to her and putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm scared Peter. What if I get it all wrong?" Addison asked with tears in her eyes. "I'm gonna mess it all up and he's going to get away." She continued.

"Hey...Listen to me. You're going to be fine ok, all you have to do is tell the truth. Nothing else, everything else is up to me. It's going to be ok I promise you." Peter said reassuringly with a smile and bending down a little to make eye contact with her. Addison nodded.

"You all ready champ?" Will asked as she came out of the courtroom with Peter.

"Sure." Addison nodded trying to reassure her brothers and there teams with a slight smile.

"She did great." Peter said putting a hand on her shoulder. "I have to make a quick phone call ok? If you need me I'll be out in the hall." Peter said and walked out.

"So?" Will asked once Peter had left.

"It was fine. I just want this to be over." Addison said.

"I know." Will said understandingly.

Addison went and sat by Jay on the bench.

"Are you nervous?" She asked her brother in a scared tone, looking down.

"Yeah a little." Jay admitted and put his hand on her back comfortingly.

"What do you do? When you get nervous normally I mean." She asked.

"I remind myself that all my friends are here for me and that they got my back, just like your friends and family have your back. And I also remind myself that whatever I'm doing they'll be a reason for it. I promise you that this is going to be ok. He can't hurt you, I'm here, Will and Nat are here and the whole Intelligence Unit. We got you." Jay said.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter more to come soon in Reagan's Trial! :)