Chapter 25- Confessions

"What happened to you?" Addison said to her brother as he walked out of his room in the morning with his hand on his head and eyes squinted.

"Hang over." Jay sighed coughing and going to make himself a glass of water to go with an aspirin.

"I thought you said you were staying with Hailey last night after work." Addison said sitting on the couch and turning to see her brother in the kitchen area sat on a breakfast bar stool.

"Yeah that didn't work out." Jay explained.

"What happened?" Addison presumed.

"Why do you assume somethings happened?" Jay said resting his head on his hand and leaning on the breakfast bar whilst eating left over eggs and bacon Addison had made.

"Because of the sudden hang over and the look on your face. Jay for months now you've been trying not to get hang overs when I have been living with you because...I don't know maybe you think it reminds me of Dad or you just think it's sets a bad example I don't know, but if you've got one now that means you must have needed the drink so why?" Addison explained.

"You are beyond your years young lady, and it's nothing for you to worry about. I got it handled ok?" Jay said more seriously looking her in her eyes, not wanting to burden his little sister. She had been put through enough as it is, plus he was positive that he could try and make things better with Hailey.

"Ok if you say so. I hope you figure things out." Addie said walking over to Jay.

"Well as long as I've got you. Then things are figured out." Jay said in response tilting his head a little and smiling at his sister reassuringly. Addison smiled back and wrapped her arms around around her brother's neck.

Jay wrapped his around her in response putting one hand on her head and kissing the top of her head. "You're a good kid." He added.

An hour or so later Addison got the L over to near Hailey's apartment. She walked up to Hailey's door, knocked and waited before she saw her open the door.

"Addison, what are you doing here? Does Jay know your here?" Hailey said looking at the teen.

"No, I told him I needed to go get a book for school from the library." Addison said with a innocent smile. Hailey sighed and looked at the teen not being able to help but smile back.

"He's gonna be mad when he finds out." Hailey stated.

"Not if he doesn't find out." Addison said with the same smile.

Hailey sighed again. "You're impossible." She said with the same smile in response.

"Yep, now can I come in or..." Addison said leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah of course, come on in." Hailey said stepping out of the way of the door.

"Thanks." Addison said and walked in by Hailey.

"Can I get you a drink or something?" Hailey offered.

"No, I'm not staying thanks. I just wanted to say. I don't know what happened between you and Jay, but I do know that there's no one else that has made him the best he can be but you. You bring something out in him Hailey, something good that no one else has brought out in him before. He's really happy when he's with you and I think your awesome and I really like having you around too. Please don't give up now." Addison said.

"Oh Addison, I...I think your awesome too and Jay it's just with work and being partners outside of work too, sometimes it gets a little complicated." Hailey explained.

"I know, but you and Jay. You're the same, you try to run a marathon when really all it is is a few hundred meters. One step at a time don't think too much." Addison said with a smile. "Later." Addison said and walked out of Hailey's apartment.

"See you later Addie." Hailey said as Addison walked out.

Addison managed to get back home before Jay suspected where she had gone.

"Hey how was the library? Did you find what you needed?" Jay asked as she walked back through the door.

"Yeah I found it thanks." Addie said.

"Hey, I was gonna head out tonight. You gonna be ok here for a few hours?" Jay asked.

"Course go." Addison said with a smile. "Can I order pizza?"

"Sure here." Jay said putting some dollar bills on the table. "Have a good night." Jay said putting a hand on his sisters shoulder.

"Yeah you too and Jay." She called to him as he went to walk out of the door.

"Yeah?" Jay responded before he left.

"I hope it works out." Addison said repeating the same words as she had said to Hailey earlier. Jay just smiled and walked out.

Thanks for reading this chapter hope you liked it. I will update again very soon :)