Chapter 23- Dr Charles Office

Addison walked down the halls of Gaffney Medical centre and knocked on Dr Charles who happened unusually to be free until lunch seen as one of his regular patients couldn't make their appointment.

"Addison." Dr Charles said greeting the young girl with a smile. "How are you? Did your brother send you down here?"

"Yeah, yeah he did he said your patient cancelled so to see if you needed help with paper work or anything like that." Addison said as she walked through the door.

"Great, come in sit down. I got some new records I need putting away in the right folders and any duplicates to get thrown away, you think you can handle that?" Dr Charles said putting the files on the small table in front of her as she sat down.

"Yes Sir." She said confidently, sitting down on the psychiatrist's couch and picking up some files. Daniel laughed a little in response.

"So how are you doing?" Daniel started. "How's living with Jay going?"

"Good, I love living with Jay and Hailey is spending a lot more time at ours so that's really cool too." Addison said sorting through the files as she spoke.

"Addison, I could just be being a negative old man but, I sense a but coming along." Daniel said trying not to push her.

"It's just...wait a minute. Will sent me down here on purpose didn't he." Addison stated looking up from the files up at Daniel.

"He just wanted to me to talk with you to make sure you were ok. He didn't mean to push you Addie I think he just wanted to look out for you." Dr Charles said empathetically.

"He thinks I'm crazy, doesn't he Dr Charles." Addison said with sadness in her voice.

"Absolutely not Addison. You're not crazy. You've just lost so much over this past month and had a lot happen to you. He just wants to make sure you'll be ok again." Dr Charles said in response, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Now what were you going to say."

"That living with Jay is great and everything, but I'm so used to living with my Dad I expect the same things. Like I keep waiting for him to just start screaming at me, or forget that we haven't got enough food in the apartment. I know Jay's different, but when I'm in the apartment all that goes and I just think when I drop something on the floor or something like that he's going to go mad. I could never be a kid when I was with my Dad and with Jay I can, it's hard to get used to it sometimes." Addison explained.

"Addison that is completely normal what your going through. After a trauma like you went through your brain naturally adapts to what it's used to. Routine. You just need to try and trust Jay. Know that no matter what he will have your back, that's the same with any of those guys from the 21st district or here, or Will or Hailey. Ok?" Dr Charles said reassuringly.

"Yeah, thanks Dr Charles." Addison said looking up at him in response.

"No problem, now get back to those files. My eyesights going there's no way I'm going to be able to get through them on my own." Dr Charles said jokingly with a smile.

Hi everyone, this wasn't really meant to be a long chapter in itself just a continuation of the last one really, but I hoped you enjoyed reading it all the same. More to come soon :)