Chapter 30- Into the night.

Hey everyone this notice will be repeated because I'm not sure where everyone is in the story but I have made some edits to the chapter containing the hostage situation. Reagan no longer dies he instead suffers a GSW to the neck. This may not make a lot of sense now but will later on in the story because he has to appear in the court case.

"Hey how you doing kiddo?" Jay said walking into the room to check on Addison.

"I'm good." Addison said with a smile in which she attempted to use to reassure Jay but he could tell what she was really feeling.

"You sure?" Jay said pulling the blanket that lay on Addison up a little higher, over her shoulders.

Addison nodded. "But Jay?"

"Yeah." Jay responded.

"Will you stay with me till I fall asleep." Addison said, she felt stupid, like she was acting like a little kid, but she was still shaking a little even a few hours after her ordeal.

"Of Course." Jay said and sat down next to his sister. Addison just smiled at him thankfully in response.

"You ok? What's the matter?" Jay said compassionately as his sister tossed and turned a little and took deep breaths.

"I don't know...I'm shaking, but I'm not cold. I had it a little earlier I think it was shock, but I thought it would have gone away by now." Addison said a little panicked.

"Don't worry." Jay started and moved to lie against the headboard of her bed, sat up next to her. "Lean against me, put your head on my shoulder." Jay said tapping his shoulder attempting to calm his younger sister. "I'll text Will to check with him but I'd say it's still the shock. It can last for a long time sometimes. I'll be here with you, it's hard but you've just gotta try and relax ok? I'm here try and get some sleep." Jay continued.

Addison began to cry a little. Mainly out of panic, but also because of her ordeal and exhaustion from the adrenaline rush. Jay wiped the tears away from her face, that were rolling as she tried to close her eyes to go to sleep and held her a little tighter to make her feel safer.

"Hey. It's ok, it's ok you're safe." Jay repeated and looked at his phone to see if Will had replied. "There you go. Will's replied, it's just the shock still and the adrenaline rush. You're going to be fine." Jay said and Addison just had her face turned into his shoulder and her arms wrapped around him tight still a little apprehensive.

A couple of minutes later she fell asleep. Jay made sure she wasn't too cold and gently lifted her off of him and back onto her bed. He walked out of the room stopping just behind the door to look at his sleeping sister for a second, then he continued and left the room.

"How was she?" Hailey asked as Jay walked out.

"As expected. Not great still shaky which made her panic, but Will still agrees it's the adrenaline and the shock. She fell asleep eventually but only when I was next to her." Jay replied sitting next to his girlfriend on the couch.

"Are you ok?" Hailey said.

"Yeah I'm fine, but it's my fault. All of this, Reagan wanted to get to me and Addie got caught up in it all." Jay said putting his hand through his hair.

"Jay. This is not your fault. You didn't want Reagan to do this. We go against people everyday. Some of them after might have a problem with us it's just part of the job, but that doesn't make it your fault." Hailey said and put her hand on his face so she could kiss him. Jay returned the gesture and lay back on the couch so she could lean on him. Hailey put the Blackhawks game on the TV and they sat and watched it for a while before heading to bed themselves.