Chapter 6- Back to normal. Kind of

The evening came around fast and there was a knock at the door. Jay, went to answer it from where he was in the kitchen walking to the door past Addison on the couch.

"Hey Will." He said opening the door and seeing his brother there.

"Hey Jay, how's Addie is she ok?" Will said to his younger brother.

"She's a lot better, come in." Jay replied inviting Will into the apartment.

"Thanks. Hey Addie" Will called from near the door walking towards the couch his little sister was on.

"Will." Addison said as she got up and hugged her brother.

"You ok how are your ribs after we checked them the other day." Will asked.

"There loads better actually thanks. How was work?" Addison asked Will as they sat back down on the couch.

"Good, busy. Jay text me said you were going back to school tomorrow."

"Yeah." Addison said looking down at the ground, getting nervous at the thought of going back to school.

"Hey it will be fine don't worry." Will said putting a hand on his sister's shoulder reassuringly.

"I guess your right." Addison said not wanting to worry her brothers about any more issues that may or may not be going on in her life.

"Of course I am, I'm me. Now if you asked Jay, now that would be different but it's me so it's ok." Will said jokingly whilst nudging her, making her smile.

"Hey are you making fun of me." Jay said walking back into the living room area from the kitchen area with drinks for his sister and brother in his hands.

"Nah." Addison said confidently whilst sharing a smile with Will.

"Yeah right." Jay says coming up behind the couch where Addison is sat and ruffling her hair affectionately. "You staying? We've ordered Chinese food if you want some." Jay said to Will as he walked round and sat on the couch.

"Nah, I gotta get back to Natalie and Owen, but thanks for the offer." Will replied finishing his drink, standing up and putting his hand on Addison's shoulder. "See you later Addie."

"See you Will." Addison responded as Jay went to the front door with Will to see him out.

"Thanks for coming around Will."

"No problem Jay, see you later."

"Yeah catch you later." Jay says closing the door as Will walks out and going back to the couch.

"Jay?" Addison said as Jay sat back down next to her.

"Yeah."

"Do I have to go back to school?"

"Yeah...I'm sorry kiddo I know it's awkward at the moment with everything that's going on, but you have to go back. It's important you don't fall behind you know, besides can't come with me to the district every day not while I'm working."

"It's ok...I get it."

"Sure?"

"Yeah" Addison puts on a fake smile so she won't worry her big brother and nods.

"Good." Jay says as the door bell rang "that must be the food. I'll answer it." He said getting back up and walking towards the door. "Thanks man." He said to the delivery guy as he took the food, paid and closed the door again. "You hungry?" He asked his little sister walking to the kitchen area.

"Yeah." Addison said smiling and making her way to the kitchen counter to collect her food. "Jay?"

"mmhm." Jay replied looking up at his sister eating his noodles.

"Do you miss Erin?" Addison asked nervously in case she had said something wrong.

"Ah...well Erin and I...to start off with and for a while I guess we had something good going on between us. We'd moved in together, I proposed, but things change. There was a lot of stuff that we should have told each other that we didn't. Plus it was awkward after a while being partners at work with the person you love, especially in our line of work."

"I guess, but do you miss her?" Addison added.

"I used to a lot more than I do now, but I know she's happy now. She texts the team from New York a lot. She's got a good job, friends, a nice apartment. Erin will always have a home in Chicago, Voight will make sure of that, but she's gone through too much here she needed a break."

"It's funny actually." Addison said to which Jay responded with a confused expression.

"What is?" Jay asked.

"I thought you'd be mad. When I asked about Erin, but I was too curious not to."

"Well your wrong there kiddo. From now on you can ask me anything ok? I'm not Dad, I'm not going to have a drink and get mad at you. Ok?"

"Ok" she replies nodding.

"Ok." Jay says getting up to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

Hope your enjoying reading. As always constructive criticism is much appreciated. Any suggestions are also great. Thanks for reading :) x