Chapter 27- Nowhere to hide.

"Hello?" Jay said picking up the his cell phone. He had received one or two calls this week that had just cut out and wasn't sure what it was, but put it down to cold callers.

"Another one?" Addison said coming out of the bathroom after brushing her teeth.

"Yeah." Jay answered.

"Don't you think you should tell Voight and the unit. Get them to check it out." Hailey said turning to look at Jay from the couch.

"No, it will be fine. We have more important things to be getting on with in the unit and there probably just cold callers I had a tonne a couple of months ago then they just stopped." Jay said brushing it off.

"Are you sure?" Addie said.

"Yeah, don't worry." Jay said pulling Addie closer to him and kissing her head gently. Addie smiled at him in response. "Hailey you ready?" Jay said looking at his girlfriend.

"Yeah." Hailey said getting up to grab her jacket and go with Jay.

"You gonna be ok here today?" Jay asked his younger sister who had sat down on the couch.

"Jay I'm fifteen, not five." Addison said rolling her eyes at her older brother.

"Hey you wanna try that again?" Jay giving her a slight warning look.

"Yeah I'll be fine thanks." Addie said after a sigh.

"Great. I'll see you later ok? I love you." Jay said rushing out with Hailey grabbing his badge and gun on the way out.

For a few hours Addison did some homework and read books. She was about to go and make a sandwich when she heard a loud aggressive knock on the apartment door that made her jump.

"Ok, ok hang on." Addison said she knew Jay would hate her answering it whilst he was out especially considering how nervous she already felt after the knock, but she just went for it anyway.

"Who are you Sir?" Addison asked politely.

"Hi, I'm a patrolman at the 21st. Your brother got into an accident I came to take you to the hospital." The man responded.

"Sir can you put your badge up to the peephole please?" Addison requested and he did as she had asked getting out his badge and raising up to the small viewing hole in the door.

"Yeah sure." The man said as he did so.

"Alright...just wait one second please." Addison said panicking the badge number was wrong for a Patrolman and she moved as fast as she could picking up her phone to ring Jay. "Damn it." She mumbled running to hide in her room. It kept going to voicemail. She tried once more and he picked up just as she heard the door break.

"Hey Addie, sorry I was in the field what's up?" Jay said unaware of what was going on.

"Jay you need to come back now. Someone just broke in and..." Addie started.

"Addie! Addie! What's going on? Addison!" Jay shouted down the phone.

"Jay! Please help! No! Stay away from me! Please don't hurt me! Jay! Jay!" Addie cried down the phone as the man managed to break into her room despite the make shift barrier she had formed at her door from various pieces of furniture.

"I'm coming honey ok? I'm coming back now stay strong alright." Jay said reassuringly.

"Come back now Detective other wise i'm going to start breaking fingers." The man said down the phone.

"Reagan just keep this between us ok this is nothing to do with her. She's just a kid." Jay said trying to reason with the man whose brother he had killed.

"You killed my brother Detective that was more than just man to man. You hurt my family and now I'm going to hurt yours." Reagan said dragging Addison to the living room which made her cry a little.

"Your brother tried to kill cops Reagan and he was going to kill the people in my unit. I did what I had to do. It was a good shoot." Jay said.

"Yeah well now I'm going to do what I have to do." Addison cried more. "Shut up! Shut! Up!" Reagan yelled.

"I swear to god Cody if you hurt her I'll kill you." Jay said.

"Just get over here I'm sure we can make some sort of arrangement." Reagan said sinisterly.

Jay was already in the car at this point he had told the team when the call was happening as soon, as he heard Addison cry. He didn't want to cut off the call by moving it to Bluetooth so instead Hailey held the phone on speaker whilst Jay drove and spoke. It felt like the longest drive that Jay had ever experienced. Five minutes felt like five hours.

Thanks for reading more to come very soon :)