Chapter 12- Blood is thicker than water

Hi guys just to say for the sake of this chapter and new relationship between Jay and Hailey. Ruzek has a girlfriend called Becca who he met when working with a different unit. So there is no bad blood between Adam and Jay. Anyway...

"Jay stay with me. Hailey said taking hold of Jay's hand and giving it a squeeze. "I've got your back remember just like you've got mine stay with me Jay." They both smirked at that last statement even Jay did throughout his pain because it was what he had said before he entered the warehouse.

It hurt Hailey so much seeing her partner, friend, now almost boyfriend in so much pain, bleeding out of an artery.

"I'm so sorry Jay, I should have seen him sooner and told you sooner then you wouldn't be..." Hailey started tears in her eyes.

"No...Hailey you saw him as quick as you could...you shouted to me I moved...so instead of shooting me in the head or chest he shot me in the leg. It's fine Hailey I'm not dead yet so..." Jay said in response with that usual smirk on his face trying to make her smile, but also pausing because of the pain.

"Don't say that! You're not going to die." Hailey said to which Jay just smiled at her and nodded a little to try and reassure, but the truth was he didn't know what was going to happen and neither did she. A few seconds later when Jay looked a little paler she looked to the paramedic who was treating Jay in the back of the Ambo. They weren't those of Ambulance 61 because they were out on a call.

"Patten, how many minutes out?" The other paramedic called from the back of the Ambulance.

"Less than five at this speed." The paramedic replied from the drivers seat that was presumably Patten.

Back at the district- (whilst Jay and Hailey were getting into the hospital).

Hank, Alvin, Antonio and Kim went to the hospital in there cars to meet Hailey and Jay. Whilst Adam and Kevin went to the district to meet Addison coming back from school as they had agreed over the phone to Will. Who wanted to be at the hospital when Jay got there.

"Hey guys." Addison said none the wiser seeing Adam and Kevin waiting downstairs for some reason.

"Hey Addie." Adam replied with a slight sigh knowing that this was going to kill her knowing Jay's so hurt. Both him and Kevin had sympathetic looks on their faces and tried to smile at her, but it showed.

"What's going on? Can you buzz me up is Jay up there." Addison said going towards the stairs to head upstairs as she is stopped by Kevin.

"They're not up there Addie. They're..." Kev started before he was interrupted by Addison.

"Where are they? They still on a case? Guys your kind of freaking me out right now. Adam?" Addison looked towards Adam who had been quiet for a while.

"Let's go into the office darlin' " Adam said guiding her into the office downstairs with Kevin close by, closing the door behind them.

"Kev what's going on?" Addie repeated getting a bit more concerned. Adam and Kevin exchange concerned looks on how they were going to tell the girl that one of her big brothers got shot in the field and sustained a possibly fatal injury.

"Addie...Jay he...he got shot in the field." Kevin said which made Addie start to cry and pace around a little.

"Is he...is he dead?" Addie just managed to get out through her tears.

"No he's alive honey. He's alive, Will's with him at the hospital with the rest of the team and Connor and Nat are taking a look at him." Adam said answering her question quickly so he wouldn't worry her.

"I gotta see him." Addie said about to rush out when Adam stopped her.

"Take a breath darlin'. Kev's going to go get the car ok just take it easy for a sec ok? You wanna sit down?" Adam said, to which she shook her head. So, he wrapped her in a hug, as Kev left to get the car.

"Adam?" Addison said after a couple of seconds, in the most innocent child-like voice she had, had in a while.

"Yeah Addie" Adam said holding her reasonably tightly so she felt safe.

"I can't lose him." Which was all she said then she stayed quiet, so Adam just pulled her away from him still holding her shoulders, looked in her eyes and said...

"Hey, Jay is strong, he'll be ok." Adam said reassuringly and they walked out towards the car Addie still remaining close to Adam as they left the district to go to the hospital.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter more to come soon! :)