Chapter 37- I Owe You (Part 1/2)

Warning: mention of threats of violence and some violence in this chapter.

Addison was on the way to school after a long spring break and she was ready to go back. Jay and Will were reluctant to let her go at first, worrying it would be too soon after the court case a few days ago but with a little persuasion from Addison and with a little support off of Hailey who thought it may be a good idea to let her get back to normal as much as she could.

"And you'll call me if you need me?" Jay said again. Addison had already had the same speech off of him and Will about 5 times each before she left.

"Yes Jay! I told you I'll be fine I promise!" Addison said with a smile and a sigh at her brothers constant state of worry before leaving her at school.

"Alright, alright I hear ya kid. Walk to the district after school today ok?" Jay said and she nodded.

"Yeah ok. Bye Jay." Addison said and went into the school building. "Damn it" she mumbled under breath with a sudden look of realisation on her face. She started to run a little down the hall to get to her locker.

"Miss Halstead!" The Principal called and Addison stopped and turned around.

"Yes Sir." Addison said in response with a smile that was a little smug.

"Why are you running down the halls? This isn't a track meet. Take your time class doesn't start for another twenty minutes." The Principal said coming out of his office.

"Sorry Mr Robinson. I just realised I have to set up for my project today I'm presenting to the rest of my chem class and I forgot to turn up earlier to set up." Addison explained.

"Ah right well take it slowly we've just come back after spring break and we can't have you crashing into something and being carried out in a gurney can we?" The Principal lectured.

"No sir. I'll be more careful." Addison said with adding a smile at the end and nodding in agreement.

"Ok off you go. Don't want to be late now do you? Oh and Addison, what's the project?" The Principal asked.

"I'm lowering the freezing point of water to make ice cream." Addison explained.

"Sounds great I hope it goes well." The Principal said and walked back into his office.

"Thank you Sir." Addison said and carried on down the hall to her locker.

"Hey Addison staying out of trouble as usual I see." Donna Boden said jokingly and smiling as she passed Addison in the hall.

"Trying to." Addison said in response with a smile. "Hope your first day goes well Mrs Boden. The Chief mentioned it to me last time I was at 51." Addison said stopping for a second.

"Ah thank you Addison. It's nice of you to say." Donna responded.

"That's ok you'll do great. Anyways I'm sorry but I gotta go because I gotta set up for a Chem project presentation." Addison said.

"That's fine I hope the project goes well." Donna said with a friendly smile.

"Thank you, catch you later." Addison said and headed on down the hall.

"That was excellent Addison well done what a wonderful presentation." Miss Morrison the teacher of the class said as everyone else clapped and Addison moved to sit down with her project all put away on a plastic tray. "Alright Marco you're up." Miss Morrison continued.

Three students later and the class was over. Addison made her way to a few more classes before the lunch bell sounded. She made her way back out into the hall where she met her best friend Morgan who had transferred high schools just before the end of the last semester, so was still relatively new.