17

We stayed in the TARDIS for a few days to let Emma adjust. She asked the doctor and I every question she could think of about space and aliens, it was getting a little annoying but I put up with it. Finally, Emma decided she was ready to go somewhere else. The Doctor picked our next destination and, as usual, an invasion broke out. Daleks were trying to invade a planet of pacifists since they knew they wouldn't fight back.

"Run!" He shouted at me and Emma when he heard the faint calls of "Exterminate". When the first one came into our view, Emma cracked up.

"They look like pepper shakers! And is that a plunger?! Ha!" The smile was wiped from her face when it shot at her, barely missing. We ran to the TARDIS and shut the door quickly. It only took a moment for the Doctor and I to catch our breath and start forming a plan. The TARDIS started shaking as Daleks shot at her, and he ran over and stuck his head out of the door.

"Oi! That's rude!" Then he ran over to the monitor, reading something. The whole time, Emma sat on a beach, watching him with an amazed look on her face. I walked over and sat next to her.

"Is he mad?" She asked me, causing me to laugh.

"Of course he is, would a sane man do that?" I said, pointing at the Doctor who was dancing around the console.

"I can't figure it out! They tried to take over this planet for what? No resources, no information... Unless. Yes. That's it! Its a trap! Its a trap for us! Come on Hana!" Emma made a face at him.

"You stay here, Emma. They only want us and they would kill you." Her eyes sparked with anger but then she looked down in defeat.

"Fine... Just make sure you both have the same faces when you get back." She went back to her room and I saw the Doctor put it in a time lock. I raised an eyebrow and stared at him. He avoided my eyes.

"She was getting on your nerves wasn't she?" He shrugged. I walked over and lowered my voice.

"Me too. Let's go!" He smiled and we walked out the door.

"THE TIME LORDS WILL BE EXTERMINATED!" The Daleks yelled as soon as we stepped out.

"No we won't, because you want something from us." I replied calmly even though I was terrified. Subconsciously, I pressed a little closer to the Doctor.

"YOU WILL ACTIVAT-" The Doctor groaned.

"Activate! You always want me to activate something! Its never going to happen." I clamped my hand over his mouth.

"Take us to it." They brought us to a machine that had two glass room things, where I guess we were supposed to go. I elbowed the Doctor in the ribs and motioned toward the actual machine. He nodded and reached for his sonic, his face paled. It wasn't it his pockets. I searched mine and was confused when I felt something like the sonic in my back pocket. However when I pulled it out, hiding it behind the Doctor, I noticed it was smaller and gold. The light on top was a magenta color, too. My own sonic? The TARDIS must have hidden it for me. I smiled, earning a very strange look from him. Still keeping it hidden from the Daleks, I showed it to the Doctor. He gave a grin and turned to the Daleks.

"Okay, what do you want me to do?"

"YOU WILL ACTIVATE THE MACHINE SO WE CAN CONTROL THE UNIVERSE!" He argued with them for awhile to keep them distracted while I figured out how to disabled the device. I tapped the back of his hand to let him know I was ready.

"Alright, so we just step in here like this? And then we push this button right here?"

"YOU ARE CORRECT!" What they didn't know was I had disabled the button so nothing would happen when we pressed it.

After we pushed the buttons and the Doctor managed to scare off the Daleks, we returned to the TARDIS. Suddenly we heard a loud thud come from Emma's room.

"Emma!" I scrambled to my feet and threw open the door. She was sitting on the floor, bleeding from a small gash on her forehead. The Doctor walked us to the infirmary where I cleaned the cut.
"What happened?" I asked her.

"I tripped over the rug and hit my head on the nightstand." She muttered, embarrassed. Its going to scar. Then I burst out laughing. Emma glared at me and the Doctor looked confused.

"When you told gave me that letter to meet the Doctor, you had a scar on your forehead. Out of all the dangerous things we've done where you could have gotten that scar, its from you tripping over a rug!" After I said this, the Doctor made a strangled cough noise, and when I looked over, I realized he was trying not to laugh. That just made me laugh harder. Eventually all three of us were laughing so hard we were crying. I was leaning against the Doctor and he had his arm around my shoulder. When the laughter died down, we sat there in comfortable silence for a long time. Eventually Emma left and I tried to get up but I couldn't. When I tilted my head back, I realized the Doctor had fallen asleep. Smiling, I pressed my ear to his chest and allowed the sound his hearts beating to lull me into a deep sleep.