27

I wrote this in the middle of the night because I can't sleep so it's probably going to be really weird.
I followed the pair out to the street where Sherlock caught us a cab. He opened the door and waited for me to climb in, followed by John. Sherlock sat on the other side of him and told the address to the cabbie. The whole ride was filled with an awkward silence, broken only when John or I shifted in our seats.  I couldn't have been happier to get out of there, despite the growing knot in my stomach. I ran on ahead while John and Sherlock paid the cabbie. When I reached the spot where the body had been found, I looked around carefully, hoping that I could make some sort of deal with Moriarty before the couple reached me. Unfortunately, I couldn't see him. He's waiting for them...I am an idiot. The entire time I'd held out the hope that I could fix the stupid mistake I'd made when I agreed to bring Sherlock. Lost in my thoughts, I screamed as a hand touched my shoulder. Moriarty walked around to stand in front of me before removing his hand.
"Hello, Hana. I see you've kept your part of our little deal." Moriarty gave me a smile that never reached his eyes. Now that he was here, I was finding it hard to speak.
"Y-Yeah." He fake pouted.
"Are you frightened of little old me?" His face suddenly became serious. "Good." I swallowed hard.
"What are you going to do to them?" He rolled his eyes.
"You should be more worried about what happened to your little friend, not two strangers." I felt my face flush with anger and he raised his eyebrows.
"Oh? Did I touch a nerve?"
"Just...What do you have against them?"
"Oh, nothing personally. I just get...bored. You know how it is, if you get bored you find someone or something to entertain you. Sherlock is one of few people clever enough to entertain me, anyone else...well, it would just be unfair." I thought for a moment.
"What about John?"
"Isn't it obvious? If I want Sherly to play, he'll need some sort of motivation."
My breath hitched as I heard two sets of footsteps behind me. A fence blocked the way so, I knew Moriarty could have been able to see them yet. I panicked trying to think of a way to warn them but, my heart sunk when I saw his face change to a look of amusement. Slowly, I turned to face John and Sherlock, terrified of what was about to happen.
John had produced a handgun from somewhere, aiming it directly at Moriarty. When I looked at Sherlock,  he was staring intently at me. He didn't look surprised, unlike John. The realization struck me and I looked at the ground.
Sherlock knew the entire time. He knew what was going to happen...
Moriarty stood next to me and put his arm around my shoulder.
"Nice that you could join us, boys. Hana and I have just been getting to know each other, haven't we?" I didn't react, staring at my feet. I didn't want to see the look on John's face when he realized what I'd done.
"Moriarty, leave her alone. She hasn't got anything to do with this." Moriarty squeezed my shoulder slightly and I could practically hear the grin in his voice.
"Oh, but, she has. In fact, she's the only reason we're having this little get together."
"What- That's ridicu-" Sherlock cut him off.
"John... He has the Doctor, you idiot." John was quiet for a moment.
"...You twisted ba-"
"Language, Johnny boy!" He covered my ears. "There are children present!" John made a noise that almost resembled a growl.
Suddenly, Moriarty stepped away from me and I looked up at the detective and his blogger.  John looked so angry, it almost scared me. However,  I soon realized that it wasn't directed towards me. He took a step towards me and Sherlock reached out and placed a hand on his arm, holding him back. He pushed his way past John and made his way over to me.
"Go with John, Hana." John frowned and opened to mouth to protest but, the look Sherlock gave him made him stop. I hesitantly went to stand with John before Sherlock told us to go to the cab. John immediately stood straighter.
"No."
"John. Take Hana to the cab."
"I said no. I'm not leaving you with..."he glared at Moriarty. "him." John and Sherlock stared at each other for a few moments.
"Please?"
John sighed after a moment and turned to me.
"Come on, Hana." Sherlock nodded and watched us carefully as we began to walk away. As we went around the fence, I saw him turn to Moriarty. John walked by my side until we got to the cab. We sat down on the curb next to it, making it easier to see Sherlock if-when- he came out. I looked over at John after a couple of minutes and saw that he had his head in his hands.
"I'm sorry, John..." He sighed and shook his head.
"It's not your fault. He had the Doctor. Knowing Moriarty,  he would have had him killed if you didn't agree to this, yeah?" I nodded.
We sat in silence for awhile longer and I got more nervous with each passing minute. I knew it had to be worse for John. "They're taking too long- Oh, good." Just as I had begun to speak, someone had walked out from behind the fence. My heart soared when I saw him but, only for a moment before I suddenly realized what seeing him meant. I quickly glanced at John, noticing how pale he seemed, now. The Doctor saw us and ran over, wrapping me in a hug. He pulled back a little and I noticed more cuts and bruising than before.
"Are you okay, Hana?"
"Yeah...Doctor, did you see Sherlock?" He frowned and glanced down at John before shaking his head.
"No, I thought he was going to be out here...What happened?"
Quickly, I explained what had happened since he had seen me last. John stood when I had finished and began running  back to where we had left Sherlock. I grabbed the Doctor's hand and caught up with him. When he rounded the corner of the fence, he stopped dead in his tracks. Sherlock was standing with Moriarty, blank faced. He seemed to be handcuffed. When John tried to take a step towards him, Sherlock shook his head. Moriarty grinned at us.
"Well, this is a twist, isn't it, Johnny boy?"