22

I woke up and noticed a strange thumping noise in my left ear. After lying there for a couple of minutes, I realized that I was hearing a Time Lord heartbeat. At this same moment I became aware of the fact that my "pillow" was breathing. Slowly tilting my head back,  I met the Doctor's eyes, making both of us smile.
"Morning." I mumbled, my voice rough from sleep. He laughed and leaned forward to kiss my nose.
"Morning. Are you ready to get up?" I nodded and stretched. We both stood and I shooed him out so I could change. When I finally walked into the console room, the Doctor was waiting, smiling. He grabbed my hand and pulled me gently over to the console.
"I'm going to assume we are going to tell Emma about our engagement," his smile grew a little as he said the last word. "so when do you want to meet her?" I shrugged.
"Anytime is fine with me. After that Christmas, though." I added quickly. The Doctor started the TARDIS, but as soon as he flipped the last lever, I knew something was wrong. She was shaking way too much. Suddenly, a red light and alarm started going off, causing the Doctor to rush over to the monitor. Whatever he read caused the color to drain from his face. I barely heard him say something like "it shouldn't be possible" before he turned to me.
"We are going to crash! Hold on tight!" He shouted right before we did. I was thrown across the room, hitting my shoulder on the console, causing a loud pop and pain shooting through it. Suddenly everything stopped and the power shut off. I heard the Doctor press some buttons and the emergency lighting came on. He rushed over to help me up, thankfully using the other arm. Unfortunately, he hugged me, causing me to cry out as a fresh wave of pain fell over me. My knees gave out and I slid to the floor.
"Hana! What happened?" He paused, probably looking at my arm more closely. "It's dislocated... Come on." He helped me to my feet slowly and ushered me out the door.
"Where are we going?" I asked as we walked down a street in what looked like modern day London.
"221b Baker Street."