Chapter 8: Fragility of Life

Chapter 08: Fragility of Life

Life was a fragile thing. One moment someone could be alive and well, and the next, something like a curse could take their life with the snap of it's fingers.

Being a jujutsu sorcerer, death was a concept that one must be familiar with. Each time that a sorcerer would go out on a job, they were putting their lives on the line. They were putting their lives at risk.

But when the life of a comrade is taken from them- at such a young age as well, it couldn't help but place a negative effect on the others.

Seated in his room, (Name) pulled his legs into his chest as he glanced out his window, the sky bright and filled with stars that seemed to accompany him in the solemn, quiet night.

He had only known Itadori for a bit, yet his death hurt.

It hurt so badly.

The sudden knocking at his door caught his attention, and he looked up, his lips parting to speak. "Come in."

Slowly opening the door was Fushiguro who stood at the doorway, a small frown threatening to tug at the black haired male's lips.

"Are you okay?"

(Name) frowned, slowly nodding. "Yeah. I'm fine. How are you holding up?"

"I'm okay too," Fushiguro replied, and (Name) turned to face Fushiguro who stood at the doorway, "How's your injury?"

"Ieiri managed to close it up again," (Name) mumbled a bit quietly that Fushiguro had to slightly lean forwards to properly hear.

"I see."

"Is that... all you came here for?" (Name) managed to gently chuckle- probably due to how awkward it was to just have the blue eyed male lingering at his doorway.

"I just... know you don't take deaths very lightly," Fushiguro shrugged in response, "So I wanted to make sure you were all right."

"Don't worry about me," (Name) cracked a small, forced smile, but a smile nonetheless, "I'll be alright."

Fushiguro sighed. "If you're sure. Goodnight, (L.Name)."

"Goodnight," (Name) spoke in reply, he wandered towards the now shut door, locking it before making his way back to his bed. His eyes turned downcast and he glanced down at his hands which clenched into a tight fist, his brows furrowed.

Why did Itadori have to die?

If only he had been stronger. If only he had managed to force Sukuna to restore Itadori's heart...

Maybe he'd still be alive and in the other room, snoring really loudly to the point where it'd slightly annoy the h/c.

(Name) shook his head, forcing any thought out of his head as he pulled his pillow closer to his body, the moonlight reflecting softly onto his face.

~

To be honest, (Name) didn't really want to get up in the morning. He stayed oddly still in bed, facing the white wall as he clutched tightly onto the pillow at his side. He didn't feel like getting up yet, so he stayed still, ignoring his alarm. He stayed in bed for about 10 more minutes before forcing himself to sit upwards when the ringing of his phone alarm got too unbearable.

Although he was someone who had faced the death of someone dear to him prior to Itadori's passing, the feeling of dread that he could feel was something he'd never get used to.