Chapter 23: Troubled Decision

Fushiguro sat in his room, blue eyes glued to his phone as he laid still on his bed.

The sounds of footsteps caught his attention, and he poked his head out the door, frowning at the sight of Gojou who had been strolling down the halls, he quickly went back to him room in fear that his teacher would see him.

He wandered back towards his bed, laying down on his side as he glared hard at his phone, brows knitting together. His fingers leisurely went in and out of his text messages with (Name), his lips slightly pursing in annoyance at the 5 unread messages he had sent to the h/c.

Sure he was worried.

Who wouldn't be after finding out someone was being targeted?

Fushiguro sighed to himself, staying on his text messages with the h/c, hoping to see some sort of bubble pop up to indicate that he was typing.

But nothing came up.

~

(Name) walked into the next door, careful with each step before his eyes widened.

This room looked completely different from the others.

Almost as if it were some sort of virtual reality, he was in a desert. E/c eyes glanced around for a moment as he shut the door behind him, which disappeared in an instant. His eyes landed on something that stood in the distance, and he found his feet dragging themselves towards said object.

There was a tall statue that stood in front of a flight of stairs that led up to a large door, which (Name) assumed he needed to get to in order to get to the next room.

With a quick breath, he marched up towards the statue, standing in front of it with a determined expression.

"I'm just gonna," (Name) began, speaking to the inanimate object as if it could respond to him. He slowly moved to walk around it, but a hand reached out from the statue, grabbing onto his sleeve as he audibly gasped, about to hit the hand away before he stopped.

"Go further and you die."

"O-Okay," (Name) took a step back, blinking at the threat.

"If you want to get past me, I need a statement," The statue began, it's voice deep and almost menacing, "Should I answer true, I will cut your body up and feed you to curses."

"And if you answer false?"

"Should I answer false, a heavy sandstorm will arise, and you will live in this desert until you die from dehydration."

"..." (Name) blinked, staring hard at the statue in front of him, "Um-"

~

When Fushiguro awoke, he immediately walked out of his room and knocked at (Name)'s door.

No response.

"(Name), are you back?" Fushiguro asked hopefully, yet he received no answer. He glanced down at his phone, his brows knitting together when he still hadn't gotten a text.

"Where are you...?" Fushiguro mumbled, moreover to himself as he walked back into his room.

~

"No matter what you answer, I die," (Name) grumbled, a sigh escaping his lips as he glared hard at the seemingly lifeless statue in front of him, he chuckled hopelessly, "Well I guess I'm dead."