Chapter 28: January 7th, 2007

When (Name) was called into the principal's office the following day, he wasn't too sure what to expect. However, when he stepped into the office, he was met with the sight of Gojou and principal Yaga exchanging a few words before turning towards him. He slightly tilted his head to the side, and the special grade sorcerer spoke first.

"There's a mission for you."

(Name) nodded. He assumed that was what this was about. "Alright. Alone or with the others?"

"Your choice," Gojou shrugged, and before (Name) could even answer, Gojou interrupted him, "But listen to what the mission is first. Decide from there."

(Name) hesitantly nodded as Principal Yaga jerked his head in the direction of the seat, (Name) sitting down as he looked over at the two.

"It's a mission to exorcise a curse. Or, I should say," Principal Yaga paused, "A few curses. Around 5 of them, 2 second grades, 3 third grades."

(Name) only nodded, as if to tell him to continue.

"Formed in the (L.Name) residence."

The air in the staff room grew stiff, and (Name) clenched his hand into a tight fist, his fingernails digging deep into his skin.

"In... the (L.Name) residence?"

"Yes. In the (L.Name) residence." Principal Yaga replied, "The only people that are present are non-sorcerers, likely individuals who simply work with the (L.Name)'s. It's imperative you leave now, with or without the oth-"

"I'll go alone," (Name) immediately interjected, straightening his posture with a determined expression.

Gojou smirked. "Oh? Is that your pride speaking for you?"

"No," (Name) replied, "I can just do it on my own. Besides, I have a bad feeling about this."

"I can get you there quick," Gojou stood up from his seat, "I'm heading out on a job too."

(Name) nodded, following after Gojou who paused, glancing behind him. He waited a moment, the door shutting close behind them before he spoke in the middle of the empty hallway.

"What's the real reason you aren't bringing the others with you?"

When the question was asked, (Name) innocently tilted his head to the side, feigning confusion.

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"You know something. No point in trying to hide it," Gojou shrugged, "Let's see. Is it... something to do with your family?"

(Name) didn't respond, and Gojou leaned back on his foot. "Well, whatever it is, I won't pry into it too much."

He grabbed (Name) by the sleeve, snapping his fingers before (Name) found himself in front of the (L.Name) residence within the blink of an eye. An audible sigh escaped his lips.

"Make sure you text Ijichi to come pick you up once you finish, alright?"

(Name) nodded, and Gojou had begun walking away, hands shoved into his pockets as he seemingly disappeared into thin air.

(Name) overlooked the large residence, and, low and behold, there were indeed curses. Cursed energy reeked from somewhere inside or near the building... he couldn't quite tell yet.