Chapter 15: Errand Running

(Name) sighed, adjusting the sides of his sweater as he stifled a yawn, walking away from the main building on campus.

He was running an errand for Maki, delivering something to the principal of his school while Kugisaki and Fushiguro had been running a different errand.

He hummed a song in his head, kicking a nearby rock on the ground before his phone had suddenly vibrated, catching his attention.

'Fushiguro Megumi' has shared their location with you!

(Name)'s eyes widened, clicking on the notification to see that they were nearby.

Had something happened?

He wasn't too sure, but regardless of what it was, he felt himself turn around.

He began to run, his pace picking up and fastening as he gripped tightly onto his phone, eyes scanning the small map. He took a left turn, and then a right, before he stopped at a sudden voice.

"What's your taste in women?"

"Why do I have to talk about my taste in women with a guy I just met?" Fushiguro asked in response to the voice that questioned him.

"He's right," (Name) heard Kugisaki speak up, "For an antisocial guy like him, that'd probably be really hard."

Fushiguro irked at the comment. "You be quiet."

"Kyoto, third-year, Toudou Aoi," (Name) heard a man speak, and the h/c edged closer to the corner of the wall, "There's my introduction. Now hurry up and answer. If you prefer men, that's fine too."

"A person's fetishes reflect a lot about them," Toudou continued, "People with a boring taste are boring themselves."

The air grew tense, the coarse voice speaking up again. "And I hate boring men. The exchange event is where I can let loose and fight to my heart's content, and if my last exchange event is boring, who knows what I might do?"

(Name) knew he should've intervened right as he arrived, but he supposed that it was curiosity that got the best of him, awaiting Fushiguro's response to Toudou's question.

"Depending on your answer, I'll only beat you half to death. Now, answer me. What's your type?"

Fushiguro's readied himself, getting into a fighting stance. "Is this some sort of comedy routine to you?"

"If you don't wanna answer then that's fine," Another voice spoke up, and (Name)'s eyes widened.

That voice... he peaked his head around the corner, and frowned at the familiar sight of the male.

Blonde hair and green eyes, donning a school uniform with a smirk that tugged at the corners of his lips. He was leaned back on his dominant foot, arms lazily crossed over his chest.

I wonder what Harue is doing here...

"Is that the summer uniform?" Kugisaki asked, eyes glancing over Maki's sister, Mai. (Name) could immediately identify the woman. "Looks nice but it's annoying."

"I don't really have a preference," Fushiguro spoke calmly, "All I look for in a partner is compassion and an unshakable character. That's it."

"That was a pretty good answer," (Name) applauded, satisfied now that he knew the answer as he found himself walking towards his fellow first years.