Chapter 18: A Threatful Warning

A rush of wind gently brushed against his face.

Hazy e/c eyes were casted forwards, fixed across the street at the pedestrian sign.

The world around him was quiet, the silence almost nerve wracking. It was quite the chilly morning, and (Name) was on his way back from the (L.Name) residence. He had visited his late father for a bit before he went back to school.

He tried to visit as often as possible, but after coming to Jujutsu tech, it was becoming more and more difficult to clear up his schedule. He only found time before school began.

So he would wake up before the sun had even risen, and gotten ready to take the train in the morning.

His legs dragged themselves forwards, eyeing around as he wandered into a coffee shop. He was greeted by the scent of caffeinated drinks that wafted through the air.

He walked forwards, the shop completely empty as he found himself in front of the barista.

"How can I help you?" The man asked with a small smile, and (Name) sighed.

"Coffee. Please."

He knew he would need it to get through the day.

"One coffee coming right up, for...?"

"(Name)."

"(Name)," The barista confirmed with a polite smile, and (Name) took a seat at one of the tables, taking out his phone to glance at the time.

He had to be back at school in an hour. He had expected himself to have much less time, so he wasn't complaining.

His attention was averted towards the door at the sound of a bell ringing, indicating that a customer had entered. Blond locks captured his attention, and dangerous green eyes flickered over towards him before quickly averting themselves.

"Harue," (Name) began, and the green eyed male turned to face him, "What are you doing here?"

The barista placed a cup onto the counter, adjusting the apron he wore with a small smile. "(Name), coffee."

(Name) stood up, walking towards the counter and grabbing the coffee. He turned to face Harue who had just ordered a coffee as well, his eyes devoid of emotion.

"What are you doing here?" Harue questioned with a raised brow. (Name) clutched tightly onto the cup he held.

"Getting a coffee," Was (Name)'s shrugged reply, "Would you come sit with me for a second?"

Harue scoffed, leaning back on his dominant foot. "And why would I do that?"

"It's important," (Name) replied, a bit impatiently, "Besides, your order isn't done yet. You have time."

Harue only frowned, glancing at (Name) as if to tell him to lead the way. The h/c took a seat at the closest table that was right next to a window, and quite close to the door. The blond sat down hesitantly.

"What is it? This better not just be a waste of my time," Harue spoke confidently, and (Name) hummed in response.

"Listen, I wanted to ask if your dad was the one taking money from the clan," (Name) leaned back in his seat.

Harue scoffed. "No."

"Don't lie to me," (Name) frowned, "I know it was him. It's the logical answer."