Chapter 9: It's Been A While

Chapter 09: It's Been A While

When (Name) had entered the (L.Name) residence, he was met with a few glances that he ignored, walking forwards and standing before the guard dog that stood idle by the large dark brown doorway that could be seen right when anyone entered the home.

(Name)'s hand ruffled the dog's fur, and it cuddled up to the warm affection it felt, (Name)'s lips parting to speak. "Artemis."

A bright green light was emitted from his hands before the woman appeared at his side, her bow in her hands as she glanced over at the male.

"You're going in?"

"Yup," (Name) clicked his tongue, and walked over to the two large doors, (Name) going to the one on the left as Artemis took the one on the right. He placed his hand onto the door, a light green appearing in his hands, as an identical light appeared in Artemis' hands as well. A lock shifted behind the door, before it slowly opened, and (Name) walked inside, reaching his hand up and releasing a bit of his cursed energy as the door shut close behind him.

"Why are you going down here all of a sudden?" Artemis questioned, and (Name) shrugged.

"I need to check something. It's important," (Name) replied, walking down a flight of concrete stairs as he was met with a bright room, illuminated by a large pillar of light that was infused with cursed energy. His eyes moved around the room, seeing 12 separate rooms that were covered by different coloured veils. A small sigh escaped (Name)'s lips as he wandered towards the room that had a green bow and arrow symbol on top of the room, a light green veil protecting the contents inside of the room, "Artemis. Can you take the veil down?"

She nodded, the light green veil slowly dropping as (Name) wandered into the room, he was met with a large forest, the moon high in the sky as he heard the distant sound of a wolf's howl. "You want the scroll, don't you?"

(Name) wordlessly nodded as she walked ahead of him, and deep into the forest. (Name) followed after her, the eyes of different animals following after him as Artemis found herself before a large tree in the center of the forest, seemingly brimming with life despite the darkness of the night.

Her hand raised, and the tree slowly opened up to reveal a scroll that hid within the bark.

"You know, keeping this scroll safe is really tedious," Artemis mentioned, and (Name)'s brows furrowed.

"That's not my fault," (Name) frowned in her direction, before a teasing grin formed on his face, "After all, you were my initial contracted Goddess."

"Yeah yeah," She groaned, watching as (Name) stepped forwards and grabbed hold of the scroll, slowly opening it as his eyes scanned the contents of the paper. (Name)'s eyes looked around, detailed information about each God and Goddess on each part of the script.

His eyes moved to the right, and he sighed, his fingers slowly running themselves over the black marks on the side of the paper. Despite it being in that condition for a long time now, it still held the undeniable scent of something that was burnt. Artemis watched as the h/c's fingers gently outlined the burn marks. "If only that accident never happened, it wouldn't need to be hidden."

"It wasn't even an accident," (Name) managed to laugh, making light of the topic, "It was a crime."

"Played off as an accident," Artemis replied.

"Though, I will admit leaving it out in the open was kinda stupid," (Name) offhandedly commented, looking over the text on the page once more before his brows furrowed, "What annoys me is how the page is cut off at Zeus and Poseidon."