Chapter 38: Hesitate

(Name)'s breathing levelled as he glared at the blond who remained stagnant, neither (L.Name)'s willing to make a move as (Name)'s grip on the bow in his hands tightened. His eyes slightly narrowed, and (Name) suddenly lifted the bow in his hand, pulling the string back as a bright green arrow appeared. Without a second thought, his finger released the string that sent the arrow flying forwards, a large shadow from beneath Harue appearing and grabbing onto the arrow midflight.

(Name) irked, pulling his dominant foot back as his eyes glanced around. The dead fields provided no place for Mei's cursed technique, which meant that the spectators couldn't see what was happening. "Say, where are the crows?" He decided to ask.

Harue remained silent, only glaring in the h/c's direction as (Name) let a smirk crawl onto his features.

The phantom responded by throwing its clawed arm in (Name)'s direction as (Name) quickly moved to get out of the way. His fingertips began to glow a light green as he pushed his cursed energy towards his hand, brows furrowing.

Come on Artemis, where are you...?

The phantom struck again, and (Name) moved to get out of the way before his eyes widened, his foot feeling planted into the ground as he glanced down, a shadowy grip on his ankle. He instinctively lifted the bow in his hands up, the phantom's claw breaking through the weapon that turned to a dim green, disappearing from his grasp. He gritted his teeth, trying to pry his foot out of the shikigami's grasp before Harue laughed.

"You really are stupid, huh?" He laughed to himself, "Trying to use force to get out of my shikigami's hold is useless." Harue lifted the sword in his hands, and (Name) irked as the blond got closer.

He reached up to his lips, fingers glowing a bright pink as his brows furrowed. "Aphrodite!"

The pink light overtook the surrounding area, a hand grabbing onto the ghostly claws around (Name)'s ankle as a bright pink radiated from said hand, the clawed grip releasing the h/c from its grasp.

From the bright light appeared the Goddess of Beauty and Love, her figure standing before (Name) as she placed a hand on her hips with a sigh.

Harue huffed, steadying his grip on his sword as (Name) bit at the inside of his cheek, e/c eyes glaring at the blond with determination.

I'm not going to lose here... (Name)'s eyes narrowed. I can't...

The phantom charged forward, swinging its claws forward as both (Name) and Aphrodite stumbled to get out of the way. The shadow-like shikigami pursued the two, relentlessly slamming its claws into the ground before Aphrodite finally turned, a light pink in her palm. Her brows furrowed, and she dashed forward, hand colliding with the shikigami that was chasing after her.

The shikigami stopped, suddenly turning around as Aphrodite's eyes began to glow a bright pink. "Kill him."

Her words sounded more like an order, the shikigami immediately obliging as Harue's eyes widened.

"The hell-?!"

"Aphrodite, cover for me," (Name) demanded, and the Goddess nodded with a small hum, (Name) reaching his hand up that began to glow a bright green.

Come on Artemis, I need you to answer me...

(Name)'s eyes shut close, focusing his cursed energy into his hand as a means to try and find the Goddess of the Hunt, or at least warn her about his whereabouts.