Chapter 16: Finances & Mailing

He was greeted by the warm humidity of the setting sun. Deep blue eyes shot open, the pounding feeling of his head nothing but a distant memory as he sighed aloud, bringing his hand up to rest over his eyes. After deeming that he had spent enough time in bed, he finally opened his eyes again, sitting upwards before he noticed it.

This wasn't his room.

"Finally awake, huh?"

Fushiguro turned his gaze to the direction of the voice to find (Name) seated at his desk facing him, a few papers out in front of him with a pencil that was slowly rolling away. (Name) reached over and picked it up, twiddling with the writing utensil in his hands.

"How long was I out?" Was Fushiguro's question. (Name) pondered on the inquiry for a moment, turning around to face the papers once again as Fushiguro watched his e/c eyes gently trail over the paper.

"You were out for about 6 hours, if I had to guess," (Name) spoke, crossing something out on the paper as he leaned against the palm of his hand.

"Sorry for passing out in your room," Fushiguro apologized, and (Name) lazily threw his hand up in the air.

"No problem," He paused for a moment, "Is your head feeling better?"

"Much better," Fushiguro sighed to himself.

"Toudou really had it out for you, huh?"

"All because I said my type," Fushiguro frowned at the thought, about to get out of the bed before (Name) spoke up.

"Say, am I your type?"

Fushiguro could feel a light blush on his face, slightly annoyed that (Name) was facing away from him, as he was unable to identify any sort of body language that usually indicated when the h/c was anxious.

"Um-"

"I was kidding," (Name) laughed, turning his head to the side before glancing back down at the pages in front of him.

Fushiguro internally sighed to himself, watching as (Name) stood up.

"I'm gonna shower," E/c eyes travelled towards the bathroom, "You can stay here for a bit if you're still waking up."

Fushiguro nodded, watching as (Name) walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him, the door locking. The black haired male stood up, taking a deep breath as he was about to walk towards the exit, he glanced down at his feet when the pencil from (Name)'s desk had rolled onto the floor and in his direction. Crouching down, he picked up the utensil and brought it towards the desk, putting the pencil against a textbook, his eyes carefully gazed over the papers on the desk.

"Taxes and finances?" Fushiguro asked himself, looking down at the pages, "What would (Name) want with that...?"

He should've stopped snooping around in the h/c's stuff, but something about (Name)'s notes peaked his interest.

A decline in money. A large decline, if he were to look at the numbers clearly.

Beside the pages with the finances and taxes was a piece of paper with a few notes, stating the exact decrease between certain months, and in bolded text was 'Kai is in charge of finances.'

Kai? Who was Kai?

Fushiguro couldn't help but wonder, reading over small notes on the tax sheet that were mostly about things such as sorcerer performance, and smaller details as such, however a certain question caught Fushiguro's eye.