Chapter 34: Persona

Chapter 34: Persona

Light pants parted from (Name)'s lips as he stood over a curse's body, Ares' sword sheathed as he stood beside the h/c, hands placed on his hips.

"Good work," (Name) complimented, finally turning toward the God of War who laughed.

"You seem to have gotten your workout for the week."

(Name)'s eyes narrowed. "Last time I checked, it wasn't you who had to run up 3 flights of stairs."

Ares raised his hands up in mock defeat before his eyes narrowed, darting around.

"Is something wrong, Ares?" (Name) asked, and the black haired Olympian gave a small 'hmph' in reply.

"There's another curse."

(Name)'s brow raised, and he looked around, trying his best to force his eyes to identify any signs of cursed energy.

He was right. There was a curse.

But where?

(Name) gritted his teeth, his intuition telling him that it was coming from upstairs. Deciding to trust his gut, he rushed up the final flight of stairs with Ares following after him. (Name) turned around as his eyes landed on a small creature, hollow eyes and mouth that almost looked like a child.

"Who... are you...?" It groaned.

It can speak...?

(Name) leaned his weight back on his foot, gritting his teeth.

"... Am I gonna do it or are you?" Ares asked, unsheathing his sword that he gripped onto tightly.

"Wait," (Name)'s hand extended outward to the side to prevent Ares from attacking, "Something's wrong."

"Something's wrong?" Ares questioned, and (Name)'s eyes darted around the room, before finally landing on... clothes? Behind the small, humanistic curse were clothes that seemed to have fallen off someone's body and onto the ground.

"It's coming," Ares warned, and (Name) watched as the curse rushed forward, Ares responding by taking a bitter step forward, hand with his sword reaching up and cutting down quickly at the curse that split into two.

An odd silence filled the room as Ares turned back toward (Name). "... You really couldn't have done that yourself?"

"Look at that," (Name) pointed at the curse that laid still on the ground, "It's not disappearing."

"Huh," Ares leaned down to get a closer look at the curse that was cut into two, slightly tilting his head to the side, "You're right. Usually with a strike like that, the curse would be gone."

(Name) shook his head. "It's... probably fine. We should head back now."

"Yup," Ares hummed, "Call on me if ya need anything."

(Name) nodded in response to his words, eyeing the small curse before he turned around and walked back down the stairs.

~

(Name) wandered silently down the streets of Tokyo, only a few people walking by as the sun had already set. E/c eyes scanned the quiet street, lights from a select few stores on, others having closed for the day.

"Hey."

(Name) turned around at the sound of what seemed like someone speaking to him, and his lips involuntarily turned downward into a frown.