𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐑 -𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄?-

Two months Later:

"Welcome to the season seven, Star Search semi finale! Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this song off will move onto the finals! Let's welcome the lovely Aaliyah Haughton and Katrina Abrams!"

"It's alright Aaliyah don't worry." Her father said, putting his palm onto her shoulder. "You look amazing." Her mother smiled.

Aaliyah looked at the stage, she was about to walk onto. She knew she looked amazing, she wasn't an idiot. Her dark hair was down and straight, flowing naturally down her back. She was wearing a white jacket with shoulder pads, aswell as a black leotard and white flowing skirt.

Smiling, she strode onto the stage, her competitor Katrina Abrams standing beside her. They were both the same age, and both wanted to win just as much. Aaliyah knew that Katrina was a great singer, so she was going to be very difficult to beat.

Aaliyah also knew that Marshall and DeShaun were going to be sitting at home and watching the performance. She needed to do her best, not only for them, but to prove that she was the best.

"Up first will be Katrina, if you'll go wait backstage you'll be called out when it's your turn." The presented explained.

Aaliyah smiled, and headed back stage, towards her mother, father and brother. "Marshall is calling." Rashad explained, passing her his cell phone. Aaliyah took a deep breath, and put the phone up towards her ear.

"Hey, you're going to do great okay." Marshall reassuringly whispered into the phone. She hadn't seen him for three weeks now, due to all the vigorous time on show and the practicing. So she was beyond happy with being able to hear Marshall's voice.

"I miss you... white boy." Aaliyah admitted, her cheeks starting to go a reddish colour. She wasn't exactly sure why she had said that, but it was true.  She heard Marshall laugh from the other side of the phone, "I miss you too baby girl, now get on that stage and kick this shit."

"Now can we please welcome Aaliyah Haughton onto the stage!"

As soon as Aaliyah was stood still in front of the mic, an intimidating spotlight shon upon her, bathing her skin in the warm yet harsh light. Smiling, she began to sing the song where all this had began. My Funny Valentine

She leaned in towards the mic, and began to sing the words. Completely blurring out the crowd and focussing on her song and the projection of her voice.

My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favorite work of art
Is your figure less than Greek?
Is your mouth a little weak?
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?
But don't change your hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is Valentines day
Is your figure less than Greek?
Is your mouth a little weak?
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?
But don't change your hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is Valentine's Day

She'd sung this song when she had auditioned. It seemed as if her journey had ended with the same song that she had started it with. Although, her voice was different to what it was before. Her voice was bolder, more confident, ready to surpass this difficult feat.