𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀 -𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆-

A few days later

"What should I wear Aaliyah? I was thinking maybe the suit I wore to my gramps funeral.. well.. that's the only classy outfit I own."

"DeShaun you don't need to dress formally, you're going to be backstage the entire time anyway." Aaliyah sighed, as he poked his head around the bathroom door.

"Yeah, but there might be some hot ladies backstage." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I highly doubt it, now hurry up. We need to leave in five minutes." She huffed, as she finished up straightening her dark hair.

DeShaun listened to Aaliyah's advice and rushed back into his room, changing back into his baggy trousers and sweater.

While he was doing this, Aaliyah admired herself in the bathroom mirror. She was wearing a dark pencil skirt, white blouse and a pale brown coat. She looked more like a secretary or a lawyer, then a world famous R&B star.

15 minutes later

Aaliyah pulled up outside of Marshall's mansion, DeShaun sitting in the back seat like a playful child.

"Sit still, you're making me regret bringing you." Aaliyah huffed, as she waited for Marshall to come to the car.

"Sorry! Im just so nervous."

"Nervous for what DeShaun? You're sitting backstage doing nothing." Aaliyah loudly said, looking at his anxious face from the rear view mirror.

"I just get this way sometimes okay?" He said, his defensiveness soon shifting, once he noticed that Marshall was approaching the car.

He was wearing baggy sweats and a black t shirt, Aaliyah didn't expect anything else from him. He climbed into the passenger seat and smiled, "Shit I feel underdressed."

"No it's perfect." Aaliyah smiled, giving Marshall a small peck on the lips.

"Let's hurry this up, we are going to be late!" DeShaun said in disgust, as he watched them kiss from the back seats.

Marshall rolled his eyes, and looked towards the back seats of the car at DeShaun. "Proof, shut up dude.. you'll understand if you get a girl."

Twenty minutes later they arrived at where the interview was being hosted. It was a studio on the outskirts of Detroit, in an area where none of them had been before.

"Alright, here we are." Marshall said, clutching onto Aaliyah as they walked into the studio, DeShaun and the paparazzi following closely behind them.

"Alright, DeShaun is it? You can stay back here during the interview." The interviewer said to him, once they were inside the building. He beckoned DeShaun over to a dimly lit area of the studio, in which had a small TV displaying what was going on in the main area, of where the interview was going to be happening.

DeShaun wasn't too happy about where he had to stay, but nobody saw him arguing about it. As long as he could watch the interview, he didn't really have a reason to complain.

"Alright, we are going on air, are you ready?" One of the camera crew men said to Aaliyah and Marshall.

They both nodded, and walked into the studio, Aaliyah flattening her skirt with her hands once she was sitting down.