𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐃

18th August 2001

"Have you told him?" Missy asked, over the phone, as she poured herself a tall glass of wine. Aaliyah didn't respond, she was too busy brushing her hair.

"No, and keep it down, I'm on speaker." She said, in attempt to hush Missy.

"Oh, so you haven't told you parents either?" Missy replied, taking a sip of the red wine.

"No! Of course not, so keep it down!" She gasped, bringing the phone up to her ear.

"Alright, alright. You're going to have to tell them sooner or later though!" Missy said, but Aaliyah just rolled her eyes, before bending down to zip up her suitcase.

"I'll tell them once I'm back from the Bahamas, I need some time to think about how to tell them exactly. You know what my dads like."

"Yeah a dick."

Aaliyah laughed, at this. Missy wasn't wrong.

"What about Marshall?"

"I don't know. I'm around two months pregnant I think, there's no rush to tell him." She sighed.

Aaliyah walked over towards her bedroom window, and noticed that a slim black sports car had pulled up outside of the house.

"Marshall's here, I'll call you when I get back. Love ya!" Aaliyah smiled, before grabbing her suitcase and rushing downstairs.

"Ma, Marshall's here, I'm going to get going to the airport now." Aaliyah said, wrapping her arms around her mother. She reciprocated the hug, wrapping her arms back around her daughter.

"Have fun, have you said good bye to your father?"

Aaliyah sighed, and shook her head. Her father was sitting on the couch, reading a newspaper, not even bothering to say goodbye.

"No ma, he's been treating me horribly for months, he doesn't deserve it." She huffed, before wheeling her suitcase into the hallway.

"See ya little sis." Rashad smiled, before giving her a friendly pat on the back. "See ya bro." She laughed, before heading out of the house.

"Looks who's finally here." Marshall smiled, kissing her gently on the lips. "Are you ready to go?"

She slowly nodded, as she put her suitcase into the trunk before jumping into the passenger seat. Marshall had some Toni braxton playing quietly on the radio. This wasn't the sort of music that he'd generally listen to, it was nice.

"Hey, before we get to the airport, I need to stop at the gas station to fuel up the car." He grinned, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of 'breathe again'.

"Toni Braxton, I didn't know you were a fan of her music?"

"I'm not, but you are." He smiled, glancing at the road ahead of him, Aaliyah smiled at this, making her sad that she'd have to be away from him for a week.

Quiet moments like this, were times where she wished that she could muster up the confidence to tell him that she was pregnant with their baby. But she never did.