𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 -𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍-

"You look beautiful honey."

Aaliyah smiled, looking away from her mother and back towards the mirror. She had her dark hair flowing over her shoulders in loose curls, a style that was quite new to her. Makeup wasn't exactly her forte, so Diane decided to help her with some mascara and natural looking lipstick.

All in all, she looked spectacular, but what really stood out was her outfit. This outfit wasn't exactly her style, but even she could agree that she looked sexy.

"Don't you think that outfit is a little tight?" Micheal said, poking his head around the bedroom door

"Don't you think that outfit is a little tight?" Micheal said, poking his head around the bedroom door. Diane and Aaliyah both chuckled at how he was subconsciously being such an overprotective father.

"She's almost seventeen darling, she's maturing into an adult. It's not like she's dressed in a tight latex dress." Diane said, practically scolding Michael.

"Yeah, we'll I'm sure Marshall's eyes are going to pop out of his head." He laughed, watching as Aaliyah grabbed some black heels.

"Shut up dad

"Shut up dad." Aaliyah said, clearly struggling to put the heels. But that was because she didn't usually wear heels, but for once she wanted to not be Marshall's shoulder in height.

"Alright alright honey! Have a good night." Michael said, leaving just before she toppled over in her shoes.

Marshall had invited Aaliyah out for a surprise dinner. She knew that Kim and him had broken up only a few months ago, so maybe getting out with a friend was what he needed.

"Hey Aaliyah! Marshall's here!" Rashad shouted from the bottom of the staircase.

She gave herself a glance in the mirror once more before walking slowly out of the room. "Hey baby wait there!" Diane called out from her bedroom.

Aaliyah waited patiently outside of her mother's room for about thirty seconds until she walked out holding a red box. "My mom gave me this necklace when I was younger, I thought maybe you'd like to wear it tonight?" Diane suggested, a golden chained necklace with a white diamond, sitting in the box.