♔Chapter Twenty six♔

Fearing Love from the Alpha 

Chapter 26

Sasha~

Walking home in the cold I rubbed my hands together. I had told Xavier at school that I didn’t need a lift. After a 15 minute argument he let me go. My excuse was that my father was home and if he found out Xavier was my boyfriend they would have to ‘talk’.

It was true that my father was home. Checking my phone I could see my house coming into view. 3:50. Walking in I listened for any movement. Breathing out a sigh of relief I made my way upstairs to change into my work clothes.

Beep! Beep! My phone signaled that there was a text. Opening it I smiled at Xavier’s words. 

Xavier: I am still mad that I let you walk out in the cold. I also kind of followed you…

.

I giggled as I read the text. Pressing the call button I waited for him to pick up. Grabbing my trench coat and purse I made my way to the bar. “Hello.” His deep voice said. “Hello.” I mimicked his voice.

With a smile on my face I picked up my pace. “My voice doesn’t sound like that does it?” I giggled in response. “Did you get home?” I said in an accusing voice. “Yes I wish you would have let me take you home.”

Rolling my eyes I said, “It’s done and over with.” Grr. The sound sounded familiar.  I stopped looking across to the road. Their was no car. My heart beat started to speed up and not in a good way.

Clearing my voice I started to talk to Xavier in a fast pace. “Bye Xavier. Opera reruns are on.” Quickly shutting off my phone I made my way into the bar. Must have been my imagination.

Xavier~

Looking through the trees I could see my little mate talking on the phone. Her lies were making it harder for me not to come out of my spot and reveal myself. Her coat covered her top half, but under all I could see were her pale legs.

Growling I forgot to keep quiet. “Bye Xavier. Opera reruns are on.” I could see red as I saw her walk into the club. What the hell was she doing working in a strip club?!?  Growling in frustration I knew something was up.

The way she acted this week was not like her. She would come to school looking tired but I always put it off as to the fact that she might be studying. Running across the street I made my way to the bar. Inside I could see dancers on polls.

Old men groping little girls at the age of 16. I was disgusted. It was harder to find my mate with too many scents. “Please sir. I only serve drinks.” My posture stiffened as I heard my mates little freighted cry.

My eyes snapped to the back corner of the bar section where Sasha was trying to pry an old mans fingers off her waist. My wolf was about to snap any second. I am about to kill this man. I was with my wolf on this. Running over to them I snatched Sasha away from the vile man. “Who the hell do you think you are?!”

Sasha~

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” My eyes widened as I realized whose voice it was. “Xavier!”  I clawed at his back as he punched the old man over and over again.

By now I was in a state of shock, but I snapped out of it when I could hear the old man crying out in pain. “Xavier let go!” I could see his bloody fist and knew it wasn’t his blood. “Please!” I cried out.

Pulling on his arms I pulled him into me. His breath was harsh, he sounded like he was about to do something worse. The man on the floor had a bloody nose and busted lip. His face held terror as he backed away from us.

 Xavier leaned down and put his head on my chest holding me tight against him. Taking my hands I pulled his head up to face me. The look in his eyes held hurt and pain. I wanted it to go away. Crashing my lips against his I tugged him closer.

Tears started to fall from my eyes. Not because I pitied the man, but because Xavier cared. “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!” My eyes widened as I realized I knew who was talking.  It was my father.