♔Chapter Twenty one♔

Fearing Love from the Alpha 

Chapter 21

Xavier~

It’s your dad. My heart started to pump faster. My grip on the steering wheel created some sort of friction. My foot slammed down onto the gear to speed up. On my way.  Why the hell was he here? I could feel myself trying to shift in the car.

“Xavier?” A confused mumbled voice asked. I blinked and pushed my wolf back in. Turning around I could see the wild and frantic look in her eyes. “Yes sweetheart.” Her face was turning a sickly pale. “Slow down.”

 The look of terror on my mate’s face clamed me down as I eased the car to a steady pace. “How you holding up back there?” I was worried sick as I could hear the racing heartbeat of my mate. My father was forgotten.

“I- I feel like it would be best if I were to be home.” I felt myself being rejected at the thought, but if that made her happy. “Um Ok sweetheart if that makes you happy.” Turing the wheel I headed toward her house.

“Sweetie you know what happed back in the coffee shop wasn’t necessary.” I looked at my rear view mirror to see Sasha playing with her fingers. A deep blush on her cheek. “I- I know it was just this feeling I got.”

 I could see the discomfort she had with the subject. Thankfully yet sadly we were at Sasha’s house. Getting out I opened the back door for my little mate. “You weren’t wearing that.” Her statement caught me by surprise.

My eyes widened in fear. “Um-.” RING! RING! In all my life I think I can finally say, saved by the bell. The startled look on Sasha’s face made me want to hold her up against me.

It was her phone ringing as she pulled it out of one of the pockets from my jacket. “Hello.” Her soft voice said. I could already see her as the Luna of our pack tending the children and loving them.

 “I just got dropped off at home.” The look of pain in my sweetheart’s eyes told me that it was Lacey and by the fact that I could hear her through the phone yelling at Sasha. “I’m sorry. I have things to do at home.” The sassy tone in her voice amused me.

 This was a side of her I have never seen. Her blue eyes looked concentrated and brows furrowed together as she talked back to my sister. “WELL YOU CAN DO THAT TO CARTER WITH THE VIB-.” Her eyes widened as she realized I was still with her.

 I laughed out loud at hearing the heated conversation. “I have to run home, but I’ll see you at school.” Leaning down I decided to be bold. My lips meet her soft rosy cheek. Leaving a tender kiss I hopped in the car watching Sasha’s shocked face.

Rolling out the drive way I gave a curt wave and drove off to meet my father. My hands gripped the steering wheel as I arrived home. The one place that had kept me at no risk until that faithful day. Now that I have Sasha, she was my home and the only one.

Stepping out I entered the empty house. Usually people would be buzzing around, but at the news of arrival from my father everyone must have left. My feet smacked against the cold hard marble floor. It was up until now that I realized the memories that were in this house.

Sure I was here this morning, but the actual feel of being at home was long gone. I’m not sure about Lacey sometimes I can see the sad look in her eyes when she sees the grandfather clock. “Hello son.”

 Turing around I faced the one man who I used to be able to call a true father. Now as I gazed upon his cold grey stone eyes, the thought of calling this man my father felt revolting. “Hello James.” I could feel my pupils dilating, my wolf felt betrayed.

 My heart was crushed because of him. “What? Can’t give your old pops a hug?”  The salt and pepper hair he had showed he had aged for the past years. The expensive suit with a lace interior showed he was living better off without the pack.

Giving out a humorless laugh the last thought on my mind was giving this scum a hug. “It’s been to long?” Slowly I sat on the leather couch in the living room. Mirroring my position James sat across from me. “Really.”

The teasing tone edged on his voice made me grip the couch. “Now is not the time to joke.” Coming back after 7 years I knew there had to be a reason for his arrival. “What do you want?” I couldn’t look him in the eye.

 The thoughts of my childhood with him sickened me. “Oh come on Xavier, be more modest. Seeing your old man after so long. Come on where is my little girl-.” ‘ENOUGH!” The thought of bringing in Lacey was too much.

 After what she had to go through and the never this man had to bring her up. His posture stiffed as did mine. Back to business. “Son your 18.”  With a sarcastic smile I said, “Oh you remembered.”

 His stance relaxed as he leaned back with arms above his head. “You do know what that means, you must be mated by the time your 19.” This time I relaxed. “I already have one.”

 This game of charades we were playing was mind messing. It sounds unmoral, but with the words thrown in the air I knew this was leading to something. Something big. “Reject her.” “No.”  “I already fond a mate for you.”

I slammed my fist against the couch. “You don’t run things around here. It has been a while since you have and you should know one thing. Never test my patience.” Rising from my spot I started my way out the door.

“You know your mother would have wanted this.” His voice was softer than before as he spoke. I froze at the front door. Slowly turning around I faced James. With a cool hard voice I said, “You wouldn’t know what she wants. She’s dead.”

Spinning back around I slammed the front door. Never once did I look back to see the pain in my father’s eyes at the mention of my mother’s death. The one person that could ease the pain I was in at the moment was my lovely little mate. Sasha.