♔Chapter Twelve♔E

Seducing Alpha

Chapter 12

My head felt like a pounding drum. Thump. Thump. Thump. Over and over again. I tried to move my body but nothing seemed to want to comply. It felt like a strange sense of déjà vu, the silk beneath me cooled my heated body. I tried moving my fingers first and the only thing I felt was fabric that smelled like the forest rain.

My stomach growled as I tried to speak through my parched lips. "I'm hungry," I moaned out as I wrapped my arms around my stomach as I slowly opened my eyes. A soft feminine hand slightly touched my burning forehead. I let it stay because it felt cool to the touch. I could feel myself starting to feel a bit better.

Blinking multiple times until I could see clearly the first thing that caught my eye was a middle aged woman sitting beside me on a bed that did not belong to me. She must have been in her late forties with slight graying hair. A few laugh lines wrinkled around her mouth, but besides that she was a beautiful woman with bright blue eyes wearing all white.

I looked from her to the room I was in. As soon as I saw the mural above me, I knew I was in Xavier's home. I tried leaning up with all my strength, groaning from my protesting muscles. "Easy there," said the woman next to me as she helped me sit up. I let her help me up seeing her as a nonexistent threat. The memories of Lacey and I walking toward her house and then me falling came rushing through.

I scolded myself for passing out so many times, that would be about three times this week that I had passed out in pain, both physical and mental. The fact that I was with Xavier two out of the three times just reflected on how bad it is for us to be near each other. I was pulled out of my thoughts when a furious looking Xavier walked through. The dark look in his eyes had me cringing back against the backboard.

The logical part of my mind was telling me to leave and to never come back, while my heart was telling me I was as safe as one could be in the presence of Xavier. It was all so confusing and my headache was getting worse by the second. "How is she," Xavier barked out to the woman next to me. It took me a second to realize two things. The first being that the angel of a woman sitting beside me was a doctor. The second was that Xavier had no manners towards his elderly in any sort of way.

I had seen the way he had spoken to his teachers and the sheriff back at the station and I was starting to get sick of his mood swings which were just so perplexing, it left me with a puzzlement of pieces I was sure I would never figure out. "Xavier, show your elderly some respect. Please," I said in a straight forward tone, the cracking in my voice was gone at the command. I would have yelled at him, but my parched lips and scratchy voice wouldn't let me. The doctor handed me a glass of water with a pill.

"This will help with the pain. Drink lots of water and anything warm for the next forty eight hours and you should be fine," her soothing voice spoke as she softly handed me the items. The twinkle in her blue eyes and motherly pat on the hand left me aching for more as she walked towards Xavier. I didn't dare look at Xavier, afraid he was going to rip my head off. As she spoke to Xavier I swallowed down the bitter pill before drinking the entire glass of water.

Leaning back I sneaked a glance at Xavier whose anger didn't fade away at the doctor's words as she whispered into his ears. I was a hundred percent sure she was talking about me. As I looked down under the covers I scrunched up my eyebrows. My body wasn't in the usual pain it always was in. Rolling up Xavier's sweater to my waist I almost gasped at the sight before me. The bruises I had from the night before were all gone.

~Xavier

After Doctor Jones had came in, I had left the room to go over my mother's words. She was right about Sasha's weakening. It's only been about four days and already her health was dwindling. Pulling at my hair in frustration I knew I had two choices. The first being that I could NOT accept Sasha but still have her secured so that no rouges would try and harm her for any reason.