Chapter 5

I was panicked and about to give in the instinct telling me to run away, when a wave of exhaustion and pain fell over my body once again. I should have guessed when just sitting up had been such a task. I fell back down to the mattress as I realized just how weak I was.

It hurt to move and I felt like I was burning alive, but at the same time like I was in a freezer. I was damp with sweat, yet I felt like I was encased in a layer of ice, all at once. It wasn't a good feeling at all. And with techno here I could tell if it was because of him or another reason.

I reached up and felt my forehead, but I couldn't tell if anything was wrong. So I laid there, unsure of what else to do. I looked at the window and saw the sun was already painting the sky a bright blue. I wonder how long I was out. It was nice out but with the other presence in the room I was struggling to relax.

Technoblade had made his way up the ladder and was now staring at me. I couldn't tell if he was mad or deciding to kill me or whatever else goes through his mind. He was always harder to read then others. Going against the way my body hurt, I tried to get to farthest side of the mattress when he took a step closer to me.

I started to tremble as the same words flooded my mind " Then die like one!" My attempt to move away was a fail as I could barely move my arm without loosing my breath, let alone try to move my whole body. I looked up at him as he walked forward.

I started shaking more violently until it hurt. I had the urge to try and hide my fear but I didn't have the energy to do so. I felt like an open book but what else was there to do.

I tired my best not to think about what he would do to me but it was so hard to. I was scared and I was weak. I didn't have anything if he did decided to take my life. No weapons or anything that I could use as a weapon nearby. So I just sat there as he walked closer and closer, shaking and almost in tears. God, how did I get like this?

I used to be able to hide any fears I had but I guess Dream took that as well. Now I would be surprised if I was able to suppress the urge to cry out if he did end up hurting me. That was my pride through the wars

Being able to take a serious injury with nothing but a small wince. To be able to face death with none other then a smile. The only thing that's the same is the wince is gone and the smile as well.

Replaced by a blank face and no pride. Or a least that's what it was when dream would take out his anger on me and the tower was finished. Now its more of pure terror. I knew what techno was capable of and it was different. Now I wasn't in control, now anything could happen.

///

Techno POV

I had woke up with the sun shining in my face. I remembered that I was not in my normal study room and bedroom. Instead I was on the couch, while Tommy was in my bed. I then remembered that I needed to see how he was, and confront him on why he was at my house. And the loud, pained cry coming from there only made me rush.

I didn't have time to dress fully, and made my way up the ladder faster then I think I had I. A while. I could hear the rustling before I even got all the way up, indicating that Tommy was also up, but I knew that before. I unlatched the trap door and stuck my head up.

I heard a thump and saw Tommy try to sit up, but fail. I guess I hadn't gotten all the poison out of the wound, my bad. I saw him tense up as I made my way towards the desk on the other side of the room.

Tommy tried to move but was stopped by a coughing fit and a few gasps of air. It sounded incredibly painful and I knew there had to be something I could do. Only I couldn't think of what. I was out of healing potions and there's not much else for fevers that I have in hand.

I stepped closer, trying to help. But then I saw it, he was shaking, trembling. Nothing but deadness and confusion in his pale blue eyes. And fear, so much fear. I walked over to him, to check his temperature, but that only made him shake more violently, so I decided to ask questions

"Why are you so scared?" I asked as gently as possible, but I guess not gently enough, cause Tommy just looked more scared.

"Like a hero" He whispered something else but I couldn't hear him. He also murmured something about dream, but yet again it was too soft to comprehend. Which was a little concerning, cause Tommy was always loud.

"What was that?" I asked

This time he didn't say anything. I was getting irritated and impatient, so I asked again a little louder. This caused the sickly boy infront of me to flinch and shrink back into himself even farther. I felt bad but I needed some information.

"Sorry" he repeated this about 5 more times, which was even weirder because he almost never apologizes for anything he's done. Growing up the only way he did was if Phil specifically told him to, and even then it was most likely fake.

I needed to find out why my little brother was in this state? Why his whole personality changed? Who broke him and why? And most of all who I need to track down and kill.