Chapter 8

I woke up, and I felt a bit better. But everything still hurt and I was still cold. I snuggled up into the cape. It smelled of dust and a slight scent of honey and lilac clung onto the fabric. It was nice.

I looked up and remembered where I was. Techno's, and he wanted me gone. I knew it, from the look he gave me last.

Leave already.

Why are you here.

He doesn't want you here.

Waste of space.

The voices is my head where right, Dream was right. I was just a waste of space, and right now, I was in Techno's space. Nothing good ever happens to me.

I got up, and was freezing. I reached down and clamped the only cape around my shoulders. It was less exhausting to move now. I took a step and a sudden sharp pain plagued my leg, I looked down and saw the bandage. I guess I would just have to deal with the pain.

I limped over to the trap door and opened it. Looking down the ladder, Techno was asleep on the couch. Just a few feet away from the door. I guess that wasn't an option.  I got up and looked around the room. And there, just above the desk, a window! I could still make it out! I went over after closing the trapdoor and unlatched the window. I guess it's not normally open, because the henges were stiff. It eventually opened and the cold encased the room. I shivered and stepped closer. I climbed up and reached out.

I was hanging out the window took a deep breath.

Then jumped.