Chapter 23

I had got Tommy home back as fast as I could. His back still bleeding from not having proper care. When we left the building, the sun had just started to rise. I didn't care about the swamp this time, the only thing on my mind was keep Tommy from bleeding to death, and getting home before dark. I wasn't going to be able to keep Tommy alive and fight of the stupid amount of mobs that seem to lurk in the caves.

Even though I had gotten the long awaited revenge, seeing Tommy like this again made my blood boil. But right now, I had bigger problems. Tommy had past out a little after we had left the cursed building, but I felt his breath grow shallow. I picked up my pace, from the brisk walk to a fast run. I was a little over half way there when Tommy's breath slowed down again. I looked down to see just how pale he had become. His skin almost as white as the snow crunching under my feet. I looked up in a panic and saw my house, a mile away and ran as fast as my legs would allow. In my blindness, I reached for the one thing I knew could help. In a flash, he stopped breathing, and there was fireworks and a blinding light. And he was there, in front of me. Only a scar remaining of the previouse injury, and all the color brought back
He looked at me frightened, and I didn't blame him. I had just used something I vowed to never use again.

A totem of undying.

I had used a totem of undying on my little brother.

As expected he was more scared now. More hyper-aware of his surroundings. He jumped at the slightest sounds. I could still see faint bruises and cuts scattered over the poor boy.

"What..."

"You were going to die, so I had to use something to stop you." I explained as calmly as I could.

"I was on a train, and now I'm here" He said running his hand through his hair frantically when I noticed something. A single streak of golden hair. More golden then the sun bleached hair already was. I reached out and grabbed it. Tommy flinched and I realized I couldn't just reach out again, I had to take things slow.

"Sorry, but your hair is... Different" he looked up and ran to the bathroom. I heard a gasp and a patter of feet as he ran back to me.

He looked at me and ran. Out the door, and in a flash, he was in the forest. I signed and followed after him. It was the dead of night, and he had nothing. And I knew, because of the totem's sudden burst of energy, he's going to be exhausted in the next few minutes or so. All the totem does is restore life, heal the major wounds, and mask the rest for a bit. He was going to feel the full force of everything dream had out him though, minus the giant cut in his back. That was gone for good.

But right now, I had a teen to track down.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I decided to continue this for a bit more.

I took a brake from writing for a bit, so sorry about that. I just had some writers block and had no motivation, but I'm back now!

So enjoy it while you can!!

Also, looking back, I completely forgot that Tommy had burnt his hand on the tent, so I'm just going to say that Techno had been taking care of it.