Chapter 11

Techno gasped and the haze went away. He crouched down and got closer. I tried to move away and got tangles in the blanket. I stubbled forward, and fell onto him.

Nuisance

He's going to yell more

How dare you

Your going to die

He's mad at you

The voices wouldn't shut up. Worst part is, they always sounded like dream. Taunting me, reminding me that I'm unwanted. I tensed up as I felt his hands on my shoulders. I braces myself for pain, but it never came. Eventually I looked up, and saw something that I never expected to see that. A look of concern on his face.

"What happened to you in exile?" He wispered gently.

Oh god.

Not that question

Anything but that question

I stared at him, and he stared right back. I opened my mouth and spoke for the first time in a while. My voice raspy from a mix of not being used and all the crying.

"Dream," I nearly wispered "H- he made my life a nightmare. Constantly putting me down, beating me for everything I did. He blew up my home, my tent" Then it dawned on me. "My tent!" I yelled. Then imediantly regretted it "Sorry, sorry, sorry, no yelling, no yelling, no talking, talking is bad" I repeated, flash backs of Dream beating that into my brain repeatively.

"Hey, it ok, shhh, shhh, it's ok, you can talk" Techno said in a calming voice "So Dream did this?" Techno asked. I nodded "And what about your.... Tent?" He asked.

"There might be things left there" I spoke a tiny bit louder.

"Do you want to see?"

"Can you take me?"

Techno nodded and got up

"But first we need to take care of that leg" He went over and grabbed more bandages.